SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Shadow II
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Shadow II Login/Join 
posted
I an looking at a CZ Shadow II and think it is a better pistol than the Sig 226 Stainless Elite or Legion 226. I have always been a Sig fan, but I think Sig has fallen behind.

Posts: 92 | Location: Down South | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Kind of apples and oranges.
The Sig is a combat/duty pistol while the Shadow 2 is a pure competition pistol.
I'd choose based off of intended usage.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
I have shot many 226 ,2202, 239,and all the hk variants in 9mm.

Shot quite a few thousand round's through all those guns in every bullet weight.

My cervicle vertebra fusions,and a bad shoulder had me backing off on anything more than a 22 lr.Just getting old,and injury's have dictated what i can shoot.

I had a hk elite,sig 226 sport with the heavy compensator.

I bought a cz shadow 2 and the felt and percieved recoil is notably less in 9mm.

In fact,because of the more severe grip relief on the cz,i felt more recoil on the bottom of my gripping hand,than any muzzle flip.

The cz shadow 2 has a push in recoil.

I love all the sig guns.

But for pure less recoil,There is no comparison with the 226 and cz.

Strictly my 65 year old experience,shit am i getting old when i see the number 65!!!!!

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Love my SIGs but the CZ Shadow 2 is also a great gun for the range, or competition. The ergonomics and accuracy are impressive. I absolutely love my Shadow 2.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Speaking for myself, I have three P226's (one an SAO Legion),and a Shadow II I purchased about 6 weeks ago. Though I like the P226's very much, the Shadow II fits my hand better, and I shoot it consistently better than any of the Sigs.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I have the an original CZ Shadow SP01 and really like it but it is an apples to oranges comparison. My SP01 Shadow is more than a half a pound heavier than my P226, the trigger is much lighter, and it has no firing pin block safety making it is strictly a range gun for me. I may sell my SP01 Shadow at some point as while it is a great shooter so are many of my other hammer fired "combat" handguns like my SIGs and HKs and they fit me better than the CZ. I really dislike the narrow slide grip area on CZs too.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ihbwotrr:
I an looking at a CZ Shadow II and think it is a better pistol than the Sig 226 Stainless Elite or Legion 226. I have always been a Sig fan, but I think Sig has fallen behind.
Great!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
My shadow 2 is easily my most fun pistol to shoot. The FN 5.7 is my second favorite.

Again, this is just based on pure shooting enjoyment. The shadow 2 shoots freaking laser beams.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
I picked up a shadow 2 about a month ago, black and blue. The urban grey is fugly.
Great shooting range gun. If you are looking for a 9mm with low recoil, adjustable sights, and fun to shoot, I say buy it.
Cannot compare the CZ to either Sig you mentioned as it is made for target/competition.
The obnoxious oversized mag release has never been an issue for me, either.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post