SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ P01 or P07?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ P01 or P07? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I’m looking for one of these to swap out for the G19. Either one will be carried or bought as the decocker model and will get a little cleanup from Cajun or Apex as appropriate.

The weights are close with the P01 being alloy and the P07 poly, the grips feel good on both. I’m leaning toward the P01 for the grip options. The P07 is a little cheaper which is always a help. Holsters and such are about equally available. Both have a rail for a SureFire light.

Question:
P01 or P07?

Choices:
Poly P07!
Alloy P01!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8342 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I vote P07. Mine was excellent!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16062 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the feel of the P-07, but love my P-01. (PCR even a little more.) The 75 series is classic and pure class. CGW makes them sing.
Get the P-01. You can use the mags from the 97BD you'll get later in the P-01.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I like my P-07, haven’t had a P-01. Held one in the LGS and was like meh. Didn’t sing to me like it does for so many. The higher end competition CZ’s though are awesome.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I have the Shadow 2 and a Tactical Sports Orange but they are too large to carry, with pretty light triggers as well. Wink

Posts: 8342 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
If you have medium to small hands you may have trouble with DA Trigger reach with the P01. Not so with the P07. For something surprisingly good in the same size and price, look at the PX4 Storm Compact by Beretta. Langdon drop in Trigger is easy and very effective. Better than my CGW pro package on my P07.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have both of them. No worries about accuracy or reliability, which has been excellent. But unless you want or need an accessory rail, the PCR (which I have also owned) is better than either. The severely curved trigger on my P-01 painfully dug a hole in my finger and left a flap of skin hanging. I spent extra money at Cajun Gun Works to replace the trigger with a less curved one and some mild action work. I never had any such problem with the PCR, although the triggers appear similar. The P-07 has a different trigger altogether and is comfortable to shoot. The decocking levers (they are ambidextrous) of the P-07 are not quite as easy to use as that of the P-01/PCR.

You probably won't encounter it, buying new, but there are two "generations" of the P-07. The first says "CZ75 P-07" on the slide (with "DUTY" in smaller letters) and has a recurved trigger and no interchangeable backstraps. The edges and corners of the slide are also sharp.

Posts: 27921 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
You can use the mags from the 97BD you'll get later in the P-01.

Err...huh?

quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

You probably won't encounter it, buying new, but there are two "generations" of the P-07. The first says "CZ75 P-07" on the slide (with "DUTY" in smaller letters) and has a recurved trigger and no interchangeable backstraps. The edges and corners of the slide are also sharp.

Yes, don't get the earlier duty unless it is a steal. They take different mags than the current production one.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I voted P-01 because I have a P-01 Omega that I am extremely pleased with. However, I’m sure either one would serve you well.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I was looking a used P07 Duty, but it looked off so I found the things you mentioned about the back straps and mags, plus I think the poly was reported to be a little soft.

Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I have had a P07 and now a PCR,I replaced the trigger with a model 85 combat(less curve) and am now very pleased with it. I sold the p07

Posts: 2305 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alptraum:
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:

Err...huh?

Confused That also puzzled me. The 97 series is chambered in 45ACP. The P-01 is 9mm.

I have both P-01 and P-07 and like both, but if I had to choose one, I'd choose the P-01. I prefer the feel of the trigger of 75 series w/ decocker to the Omega trigger. Omega trigger also has a longer reset. I also prefer the feel of the standard decocker-only to the Omega decocker.

If you like the G19, then the P-07 is probably the closest thing you can get to a hammer-fired G19. If you plan on getting more CZs, the 75 Compact, PCR, & P-01 can share magazines. The P-07 can share mags w/ the P-10 series.

In terms of resale/trade value, in my experience, P-01 is in much higher demand. Used base model P-07s generally sell in the mid $300s.

I didn't cast a vote. Just b/c I prefer the P-01, doesn't mean you would too. You didn't really provide much criteria about what's important in your decision.

Posts: 3183 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alptraum:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ScotP7:

Oops, sorry! That was meant to say 85BD.

I obviously have a 97 on my mind as a future plunge...

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a P07 as my primary off duty. It's been through both Boresight Solutions and Cajun Gun Works. Couldn't be happier with it.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Well, a P-01 showed up in the shop, 2019 production and it followed me home.

Interestingly, it has the NSN on the side. I thought they had changed something and no longer met the NSN, but maybe it’s a different NSN or they got it on the list.

Anyway, photos to follow. I already have a nice Shooks Custom IWB holster for it.

Sadly, I’m out of my reloads, so I’ll have to buy some 9mm for the weekend test.

It will get a front night site, probably some thin non rubber grips and an Apex kit, just because.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Interestingly, it has the NSN on the side. I thought they had changed something and no longer met the NSN, but maybe it’s a different NSN or they got it on the list.

There are P-01 variants, such as: model w/ Omega trigger, model w/ steel frame, or model w/ threaded barrel. If a P-01 has any features that deviate from the NATO contract, it is not supposed to have the NSN on it. Occassionally a P-01 will be put together to NATO spec but the NSN will be missing. Those are generally considered less desirable.

Posts: 3183 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Have you considered the P10-C?

Year V

Posts: 2628 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I own a P01 and a P09. I really want a P07 to round out my collection. Cool

Very tough choice at least for me if I didn't own either yet. They are both supported by the aftermarket almost equally, similar size and wight, both hold 15 thanks to MecGar's awesome new mags for the 75 compact, and both will need a little help from CGW.

The P01 will feel a bit thinner while carrying especially in the slide and you can also get thin grips which makes carrying IWB very slick. Possibly the most ergonomically pleasing pistol ever made.

The P07 is easier to work on with the Omega trigger and poly frame and mag prices have come down a bunch since the P10C's introduction. I feel the grip is a little slick so I use Talon grip tape on my P09 (I mainly shoot this in competition) but a custom stipple job would be great too.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Surprise, it shoots like a CZ! Which is to say, very well.

I wanted a hammer gun, this no P10 version for me. I have other striker guns.

It will need a new front sight to change POI for my preference.

I’ll be putting thin LOK grips on it, a Cajun Gun Works floating trigger pin and their trigger return spring, a metal guide rod and Apex kit.

What does it really need? Nothing besides a night site. The LOK grips are because the rubber stick my shirt out of place, the trigger pin because I prefer the solid to a tube and the trigger spring is just a tad lighter. The metal guide rod is preference along with the Apex kit. It fits in well with the competition CZ’s I have.

posted Hide Post
I have only handled these in a store, but 01 was not comfortable in my hand, but 07 was. I liked 07 alot but have an HK P30, so too similar to buy the 07. P10 is nice but stiker. I'll next get a 365XL, then a Jericho 941FS, then a 320.

229, 220, 320 Xcompact, 365, 365XL

Posts: 38 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post