SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK gray frame VP40 for $449, should I buy one
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK gray frame VP40 for $449, should I buy one Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
So local sportsmans warehouse has HK gray frame VP40 for on sale for $449. Thinking about it. Any issues with the VP40?

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i haven't heard of any problems with the .40 pistols. i love my VP9, i have done just a touch of customizing and it is quickly becoming my favorite pistol.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Tanners has tactical .40 for 479.00 with nite sights and 3 mags.. (just for price comparison). I have 9mm and carry it all the time. Love it.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
My VP40 has been solid in function. But it is snappier to me than my Gen4 G23. Not horribly so, but enough to cause me to slow down appreciably in live fire in order to get back on target. My VP9 is far more enjoyable for me to shoot.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've found the VP40 to be an excellent weapon. Exceptionally accurate and reliable. I highly recommend them. I find there to be a bit less recoil impulse and no trigger sting in the VP40 compared to my Gen4 G22.

I neither personally experienced or heard of any issues with the VP40. I would recommend the LE option, as it gives you Meprolight tritium nightsights (with very good day and night sight pictures) along with 3 magazines.

Best, Jon

Posts: 995 | Location: Auburn, WA USA | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish H&K would make a VP357, I'd buy one in a blink.

Posts: 15 | Registered: October 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
HK won’t, but you can. This is how I got my P30 in .357.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
If you like .40 then sure.

Otherwise, I'd stick with the VP9 and pay the slight premium.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:

Yes, I know. But I'd rather have one that says .357 sig on the slide by H&K.

Posts: 15 | Registered: October 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tbob38:
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:

Yes, I know. But I'd rather have one that says .357 sig on the slide by H&K.

I understand, you just have to realize it will never happen. I’m content enough with the RCM barrel knowing that it’s the only way. Like you, I’d rather have the factory produced version if .357 Sig was ever reconsidered by HK.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I'd have to feel it, but it looks very similar to a Walther ppx in 40

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
was looking hard at the Gray VP9 for 485.00, but i just can make that purchase, as it does not fit any role for me.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Well after watching hickok45 youtube on the VP40 I went and picked it up this weekBig Grin . Hickok45 sure seems to shoot the VP40 well. It has a much better ergonomic feel to it than my old USP 40. I'll post a pic later tonight.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post