SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X5 - Trigger Finger Sting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X5 - Trigger Finger Sting Login/Join 
posted
Love my X5 but while shooting it within the first 20-30 rounds this trigger does something to my trigger finger that almost makes it feel like a bee is stinging the last joint of my trigger finger...

Is there anything (fitted foam sleeve) that I can put on this X5 flat trigger that has gone back for the upgrade to help take this sting out or at least reduce its severity?

Like I said I really like the gun and shoot it well enough in IDPA matches to know I have a good pistol (capable of out shooting me)..Suggestions appreciated.....Thanks Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My suggestion is to contact SIG.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Gloves.

Gloves aren’t for everyone or every gun, but after struggling off and on for years with trying to shoot with gloves on, the P320 made it possible without any detriment to my speed and accuracy. Some “shooting” gloves are heavily padded to help absorb recoil, and others are more or less fingerless and of no use to you, but I like thin cloth gloves that permit good finger flexibility.

I would not hold my breath in anticipation that SIG will be able to help you. It might be worth exploring, though, if you have the patience for it.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to make light of your experience, but when I had a gun that caused trigger sting I addressed it with a strategically placed Band-Aid.
Hello Kitty Band-Aids make a bold statement at the range.
The most painful gun for me was the Glock 23.
My P320 45 Compact rolled my finger during recoil. I fixed the problem with a Gray Guns flat trigger. That might work for you.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of the 4 different P320s I have owned, a full size RX, a compact, an X-5 and a VTAC, all but the VTAC would sting my finger. Adding a GGI PELT to the RX and the compact helped but didn’t really fix the problem.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well guys - I had a brain fart and decided to try something and it may have worked....I only shot 10 rounds in the back yard but I had no finger sting after 10 rounds so my plan is to give this design a try this weekend at our local IDPA match...

Photos show what I did - three layers of 3/8” diameter heat shrink tubing over the trigger....I did have to re-heat the material ever so slightly because during reassembly the three layers of shrink tubing did cause the trigger to scrape ever so slightly on the trigger opening on its sides while reinserting the FCU into my X5 grip....I just heated the material up with a heat gun for 3-4 seconds and took an allen wrench and used the smooth edges of the tool to push the rough spots out while the tubing was still warm....

Anxious to give this a try this weekend with 140 rounds scheduled to be shot....Mark

Before heat shrink tubing

After three layers of heat shrink tubing

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update - 150 rounds down range today at steel plate shooting with the trigger on my P320X5 covered with three layers of heat shrink plastic - NO Finger Sting at all - .....Thats all...Mark