SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ameriglo FBI vs Ameriglo BOLD vs Trijicon HD vs Trijicon HD XR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ameriglo FBI vs Ameriglo BOLD vs Trijicon HD vs Trijicon HD XR Login/Join 
JOIN, or DIE
posted
Looking to get a set of sights for the Glock 19 Gen 5 I just got. Does anyone have any first hand experience with a comparison between these? I like the HD and I think I'd really like the HD XR. They are kind of sharp though. They have a phosphorescent front sight that glows when exposed to the light. Apparently, Ameriglo has come out with their own version. The front is brighter but no glowing paint on it, the sights seem to sit lower and less sharp. Also, they are cheaper. $109 shipped. Anyone have any experience or info they could share?

I'm leaning toward the Ameriglo FBI which is the U-notch rear. Its a good looking sight, priced right and wont gouge my hand or fat roll. Also, I can totally geek out by having the "FBI" sight on the "FBI" gun. Just making sure I'm not overlooking something.

Thanks

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally I would either go with the FBI sight or the best value Glock/Mepro night sights.

If you gonna "geek out" for the FBI sights, make sure you load it with FBI ammo as well hehe

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like trijicon HDs. Have them on all of my glocks. I personally like the orange front dot over the yellow. I find myself seeing the front dot while raising the gun to the shooting position making my first shot much quicker.

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I wish I could give the Trijicons a thumbs up, but those dang edges, ouch! Ameriglo's are nice too, I'd go with them. I'll never buy Meprolights again. Terrible CS in my opinion. Had to fight tooth and nail to get them to warranty a bad front sight.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
Personally I would either go with the FBI sight or the best value Glock/Mepro night sights.

If you gonna "geek out" for the FBI sights, make sure you load it with FBI ammo as well hehe

I totally would but seems like every Gold Dot G2 test I've seen is not impressive at all. Most seem to perform really bad in testing. My first choice is the HST 147+P, followed by other HST weights, then regular Gold Dot of any flavor. Also, I have a decent stash of 9BPLE that I'd be comfortable with.

JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I wish I could give the Trijicons a thumbs up, but those dang edges, ouch! Ameriglo's are nice too, I'd go with them. I'll never buy Meprolights again. Terrible CS in my opinion. Had to fight tooth and nail to get them to warranty a bad front sight.

Yes! They are sharp for sure and seem taller than most.

posted Hide Post
I'm partial to the Trijicon HD sights. I have the XR's on a few, but most of my Glocks have the standard HD, orange front sight.

You might check out the new NightFision sights. They're considerably less than the Trijicon. I don't care for the white outline on the rear sights, or the lack of serration; I'd rather just have the front sight accented. They look like a good deal, though. You can choose between u-notch or square notch rear.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Ameriglo for the lower profile, and square rear notch. I missed out on the XR like sights Ameriglo had on their site, seems they where like the XR

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I won't buy another set of Ameriglo. Perhaps it was a one off scenario but there CS was terrible when I needed them to replace a rear sight. With competition in firearms and components these days, CS and product support is what gets my money and continued support.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm I've had pretty good cs from ameriglo. Sorry to hear of your negative experience.

My delima with the gen 5 glock and ns at this point is I am so dialed into poa/poi with the crappy plastic sights that I am very hesitant to change out unless the dimensions are identical. I really don't want to change a thing because my accuracy with this gun is fantastic.

That said, Been looking at the same options for my 26 recently and while I like the smaller (thinner) front sight (xr) many who have used those say the front post doesn't line up with the rear site because of the height difference. Also the usual complaints on the trijicon being sharpe as well as the additional cost doesn't seem to be worth it cs the ameriglo.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
I won't buy another set of Ameriglo. Perhaps it was a one off scenario but there CS was terrible when I needed them to replace a rear sight. With competition in firearms and components these days, CS and product support is what gets my money and continued support.

sorry to hear that, they are all i use on my glocks that have a RMR

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same here. I had a rear sight that was all machined wrong and lopsided and sent them pictures and everything. They said it was in spec and would not replace. If you do go with Ameriglo, get them from someplace like Amazon where you can easily get a replacement, because the company won't give you one.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
quote:

Same here. I had a rear sight that was all machined wrong and lopsided and sent them pictures and everything. They said it was in spec and would not replace. If you do go with Ameriglo, get them from someplace like Amazon where you can easily get a replacement, because the company won't give you one.

Yep, mine was an issue with a rear sight that just slid right through the dovetail after going in about halfway. I emailed and was told to send the the sight in. I got an email back and was told someone had machined down the sight. Impossible. I was forced to buy a replacement sight.
About a week later I had a buddy of mine take it to SHOT with him and inquire about it. One of the guys there said they did have a batch of sights that had some metal issues and were abnormally soft and didn't take to machining correctly.

I should have replaced them rather than buy the replacement sight but I didn't have the coin to shell out for another set. I had purchased 7 sets before that one of the exact same sight( Idot Pro) so for the sum of 38.00 they lost my business forever. This was my first experience with Ameriglo, all in a 3 month span and will be my last.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post