SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sometimes You Have To Bring The Red Headed Stepchild Out -- SIG P245
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes You Have To Bring The Red Headed Stepchild Out -- SIG P245 Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
Along with a couple Beretta's I brought out SIG's red headed step child, the P245. This thing just never got the love it deserved and really is a great gun.

Its funny when I bought this many years back it was at a little gun store and I would just keep going back saying.....still have that 245 taking up space or you might want to dust that thing or some such. After like six months of this they basically gave it to me to shut me up. I have been very happy with her over the years.

Anyway it shot well, ran great although after shooting 150 rounds through those Beretta's this thing was way more energetic shall we say. Anyway I thought I would give the odd little red headed guy a moment to shine. Big Grin

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have a Dans ammo import that bought off a Sigforum member. I actually have yet to shoot it though it feels great in the hand! If it's anything like it's older brother the 220, it will be a keeper for sure.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I wouldn't have seen your post. At work we've got one in, a two-tone with the nickel slide and controls, bone stock with two mags, in very nice shape for 5 bills. I keep telling myself I don't need it or have any use for it, BUT....it's just so stinkin' cute and I love the way it feels in my hand!

Posts: 127 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcharvat:
I wish I wouldn't have seen your post. At work we've got one in, a two-tone with the nickel slide and controls, bone stock with two mags, in very nice shape for 5 bills. I keep telling myself I don't need it or have any use for it, BUT....it's just so stinkin' cute and I love the way it feels in my hand!

If you don't mind, and not inclined to buy it, would you please pass along the store location?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
I have a Dans ammo import that bought off a Sigforum member. I actually have yet to shoot it though it feels great in the hand! If it's anything like it's older brother the 220, it will be a keeper for sure.

I bought one of them from Dan and it has been my EDC since. And I do mean EDC, all day, every day.

Iss my l'il fren.

(and I have a small pile of P245s as spares)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the SAO version (P220 Compact SAO) was the red-headed stepchild. Cool

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a mighty fine weapon there Son!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
I love the P245! It's every bit as accurate and shootable as the P220.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI:

The mothership appears to be clearing out old stocks of magazines for these:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...-45acp-magazine.html

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have one but I want one! Where I use to work our firearms instructor/trainer had one.

I'm a Glock guy. It's my go-to weapon. That said I love me some SIG's. I have a P220 and P6, and I love them. I carry them a lot.

Anyways back to our regularly scheduled programming, we were out shooting qualifications and the instructor/trainer had his SIG P245 out there. I was admiring it when he asked if I wanted to shoot it.

Of course I said yes. I ran that pistol through the course and tied my score that I shot with my Glock 22 with a 198!

Not bad for a compact pistols, that I never shot before with a DA/SA that I wasn't familiar with!

From that day on I always wanted one, but things keep getting into the way. One day! One day....

That is a beautiful SIG P245 you got there. Keep good care of her!

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It's great, it's CCO sized, but in classic Sig and DA/SA. One if their best designs, IMO.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one a few years ago ($450 with 2 mags). Wanted a Compact P220. It was love at first sight. I have shot the heck out of it - no issues, every type of ammo runs flawlessly. Bought a P220 Compact SAS as a companion - shot it side by side, and sold the SAS. For me, its a keeper.

Posts: 134 | Location: Chapel Hill, NC | Registered: June 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbmcmjr:
Just an FYI:

Thank you much!

$10 pistol bags and some other good stuff on there for a decent price.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbmcmjr:
Just an FYI:

Wow, thanks. Order placed.

Posts: 139 | Location: Indiana | Registered: June 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a P228 .22 conversion kit for $149, a 238 holster for $8, a 238 Mitch Rosen double mag carrier for $9 and a Rosen 1911 double mag carrier for $18 from the Sig Store. All thanks to a thread about a P245 that I don't even own. The wife is going to hate you guys even more. Nice 245 , by the way.

Posts: 630 | Registered: September 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcharvat:

$500 is a good price for a P245, IMO. I bought one several years ago for five bills. Had factory box, two Sig magazines and IB.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
I really love my P245, but for whatever reason, it is also my least favorite SIG.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Taterporkchop:
wgsigs; Why so?

The grip is the least comfortable - not uncomfortable by any means - of all my SIG P-pistols, and I shoot it the worst for some unknown reason.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have big hands. I wear an XL glove, and sometimes that is small. Although I loved my P245's from the moment I bought them, the grip was a little short. But replacing the grip panels with Hogue panels, like the OP, and replacing the magazine floor plate with the floor plates from the P220 Compact, solved this "short coming", pun intended. The plates are only about 1/8th or 1/4 of an inch longer, but that makes a world of difference. Try it!

Posts: 92 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I have medium/small hands and use the P220 Compact mags that have the extra 1/4" in front of the mag base that gives me a very acceptable grip.

Don't get me wrong. I really like all of my SIGs, including the P245. The P245 just happens to be at the bottom of the "like" list. Big Grin