SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sometimes You Have To Bring The Red Headed Stepchild Out -- SIG P245
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes You Have To Bring The Red Headed Stepchild Out -- SIG P245 Login/Join 
Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
Mine also is from the Dan's Ammo batch. Love everything about it.

Shoot it far better than any of my P220's.

1 Sam. 15:28

Posts: 313 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbmcmjr:
Just an FYI:

The mothership appears to be clearing out old stocks of magazines for these:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...-45acp-magazine.html

Thanks for the heads up! I have one from Dans that I carried for a long time. We need SIG to make a stainless 220 compact SAO in 10mm.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I believe Member GaryBF has a stainless steel variant of the P245. Its been posted a few times. What a sweet heart of a compact 45.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Not stainless (Teflon-Nickel version from the Sig Custom Shop), but its a fine carry. This is one of 75 such P245s offered by Sig a few years back. It shoots very well and I doubt I'll ever sell it.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful P245, pulicords!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ I've always thought that those were the badasses of the breed.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Never would have imagined a P245 thread would generate so many responses. I though I was the only one with girly enough hands to appreciate the ole 245. Smile.

Those nickel and stainless variants are awesome.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
Never even knew what a 245 was up until a couple weeks ago.

As of right now it's next on my list, albeit a little late to the party.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one. I just never carry it because of the low capacity.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my P245, and carry it 90% of the time.

Posts: 365 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbmcmjr:
Just an FYI:

The mothership appears to be clearing out old stocks of magazines for these:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...-45acp-magazine.html

Thanks a ton for that heads up. I went out and ordered 4 more to go with my P245.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I have one. I just never carry it because of the low capacity.

Carry it with the 6+1 and then carry a spare full sized 8rn (or 10rnd for that matter) P220 mag. They even have a spacer to fill the gap between the frame and floorplate for the 8rnd mags.

for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:

Very nice!!!

posted Hide Post
Are you sure that is a P245? It looks suspiciously like a P220......
The P245 did not ever, to my recollection, have a beavertail. Not that its not a nice looking gun, it is, I just think its a P220 masquerading as a P245 in a P245 thread.

Posts: 92 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe Member GaryBF has a stainless steel variant of the P245. Its been posted a few times. What a sweet heart of a compact 45.

no it's not, i put up the pic because someone else mentioned the stainless compact.

Picture of Bacon
posted Hide Post
I agree with Taterporkchop, what's with the external extractor and the beavertail? Looks like a P220 Compact. Good looking gun though.

Posts: 118 | Location: Upstate, South Carolina | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

"I believe Member GaryBF has a stainless steel variant of the P245. Its been posted a few times. What a sweet heart of a compact 45."

yes, it's my 220 compact.
i thought some folks might be interested in seeing one when garybf didn't post a pic co his.

Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
the P245 is folded and pinned breach block slide...no stainless...you could have Electroless Nickel on your pistol though...(I believe that is what GaryBF has)

...the P220 Compacts are very nice as is yours airbubba...thanks for sharing

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a P245 as my "out of town vacation" gun. It's a nice size for easier concealment, no worries about passing through mag restricted states, etc. The small, flat magazine makes carrying a spare or two easy, as well.

Posts: 139 | Location: Indiana | Registered: June 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post