SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sometimes You Have To Bring The Red Headed Stepchild Out -- SIG P245
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes You Have To Bring The Red Headed Stepchild Out -- SIG P245 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
No disrespect to airbubba; that P220 in stainless is a nice looking gun.

Posts: 92 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eclayton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BehindBlueI's:
I use a P245 as my "out of town vacation" gun. It's a nice size for easier concealment, no worries about passing through mag restricted states, etc. The small, flat magazine makes carrying a spare or two easy, as well.

I have a P245 that I once used for the same purpose. I never liked the grip because it is a hair too short to get my whole hand on. I love the P220 and thought I would love the P245, but it just didn't work for me. I used it for some years as a low-capacity alternative when visiting capacity-limited states. It got decisively replaced even for that role when I bought a Glock 30S. Now my P245 is pretty much retired. I've let the night sights go dead and I just hang onto it in case my son wants it someday.

Posts: 312 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbmcmjr:
Just an FYI:

The mothership appears to be clearing out old stocks of magazines for these:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...-45acp-magazine.html

thanks for the heads up. Just saw this and added some mags

Posts: 376 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say, after searching for a reasonable kydex holster for my P245, I took a chance on ordering a Clinger holster for a P225. I have many Clinger holsters, so I knew they made a good product. I just received the holster and its a perfect fit for my P245. Decent retention, great for AIWB carry. Just thought I'd give a heads-up.

Posts: 92 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbmcmjr:
Just an FYI:

The mothership appears to be clearing out old stocks of magazines for these:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...-45acp-magazine.html

Your post cost me $$.

I picked up three 220C magazines for my P245. Then I saw the conversion kits, so I had to get one for my P220, plus a second magazine.

On the up side, my wife thought the conversion kit was a good idea. So I've got that going for me...

And with surety I shall attain victory
- Guru Gobind Singh.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post