SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Shadow 2 mods and experience.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Shadow 2 mods and experience. Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted

Okay, I went full limited with the Cajun Gun Works SAO trigger. I went back to the 13# mainspring from the 11.5 just for that little extra reliability when the gun gets hot and dirty. I had three light strikes at a class I took but the gun was hot to the touch and dirtier than I’ve ever had it.

I did buy a second Shadow 2 for a backup and it may become my production gun...

I’m setting up my CZ Shadow 2 for USPSA Production and would like to make some changes for function and just because. I’d like a set of very thin G10 grips and while it seems LOK is the consensus, are they that much thinner? I’ll probabl see if they can add a magazine release bevel.

Has anyone installed a short reach trigger from CZ Custom or Cajun? The DA pull is just a tad long, although useable, for me. I’m not sure if I want to change mainsprings or anything yet.

Lastly, I’d like a more square rear sight profile, is the CZ Custom unit pretty strong? I’m used to a Taran Tactical or Dawson sight on my Glocks.

This gun is a lot of fun and a great shooter though I need a lot of work on the first shot DA.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Riley,

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Short reach trigger will only be legal after may 15, I believe, when the new productions n rules kick in. It’s an old style cz 85 trigger (my favorite cz profile) with a set screw at the top not sure what else is required for function.

Try the sights for a while before changing. The dog ear profile will let you see more of the target.

I doubt g10 grips are thinner than the ones that come on it. The cz custom thin flat is probably the thinnest I’ve seen. I have big hands, so I went the other direction.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
My Lok bogies are thicker than the CZ thin aluminum grips I was using. Not by a huge amount, but they are.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Here is the Shadow 2 guy.
http://www.henningshop.com/

Posts: 10825 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

$135 for grips? are they made of bald eagle skulls or something?

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

$135 for grips? are they made of bald eagle skulls or something?

If you've ever seen them in person you'd wonder why he let them go for so cheap. His work doesn't compare to any other aluminum grip out there.
Kind of like asking why R Grizzle holsters aren't priced like Uncle Mike's.

Posts: 10825 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
ive seen them on tanfos... but there are (or were) no other options on tanfos.. $135 is more than I care to pay for them unless they come with a G card.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
No grips yet, though I’ve decided on the LOK thin checkered.

I did order a CGW firing pin/spring kit with the reduced power hammer spring, part 54460 to ease the DA pull a little. Also a green fiber rod for the front sight.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Looking at the latest issue March/April of USPSA Front Sight magazine and the division updates, it appears that aftermarket triggers are now allowed. Under rule 21.6, aftermarket triggers, safeties, mag releases etc. MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts.

I hope a new book is released soon so as to verify for certain.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Installed the CGW blue hammer spring with extended firing pin and new spring. Did a deep clean and light polish of non critical parts.

The DA pull is decently lighter and more enjoyable. It will have to wait until the weekend for live fire but it helped in dry fire. I load with WIN SPP which should be reliable and I seem to get the primers seated well so far.

I need to shoot a couple matches as is now, but the need for the short reach trigger is greatly reduced. If the gun proves reliable, I may do without.

The Aluminum grips are cold though this time of year!

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Looking at the latest issue March/April of USPSA Front Sight magazine and the division updates, it appears that aftermarket triggers are now allowed. Under rule 21.6, aftermarket triggers, safeties, mag releases etc. MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts.

I hope a new book is released soon so as to verify for certain.

effective date is mid may... 90 days after the publication of the minutes, I believe.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Installed the CGW blue hammer spring with extended firing pin and new spring. Did a deep clean and light polish of non critical parts.

The DA pull is decently lighter and more enjoyable. It will have to wait until the weekend for live fire but it helped in dry fire. I load with WIN SPP which should be reliable and I seem to get the primers seated well so far.

I need to shoot a couple matches as is now, but the need for the short reach trigger is greatly reduced. If the gun proves reliable, I may do without.

The Aluminum grips are cold though this time of year!

you can probably go to the 11# spring with polishing and still have it reliable with winchesters.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I’m getting a little primer swipe with the extended pin and reduced power firing pin spring. Cases ejected fine, probably 6’ to the right.

I did have one stovepipe like malfunction, but one issue out of 150rds isn’t conclusive. I was also testing a new powder charge but I went up a touch with a slightly deeper seating.

I’ve a match tomorrow so Ill put the stock pin and FP spring in for now. It’s easy enough to swap either way. I’ll stick with the blue mainspring.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Been shooting the Shadow 2 more, really like it!

I’ve stuck with the blue mainspring. I’m thinking I’ll keep the shock buffer in. The green FO front is loads better for me and I think I’m used to the rear sight.

No grips as of yet but I want some. Boring photo.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I really like the standard factory Shadow 2 grips. For me I think that they're darn near perfect. That said, I haven't actually shot a gun with them on, but I'd like to get that profile for my SP-01 Tactical.

VZ makes pretty think G10 grips as well. I have a set of Tactical Diamonds on my 75B. Actually feels too thin for me but if thinness is what you're after it's another option out there.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I installed this BoMar style rear sight from CZ Custom on my Shadow 2. It's very well made, from the Czech Republic. I like it a lot!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
what was wrong with the factory rear sight?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3180 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
The factory rear sight is click adjustable for elevation, but for windage, requires drifting. I prefer a sight that is easily adjustable for windage and elevation. Simple as that.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
The factory rear sight is click adjustable for elevation, but for windage, requires drifting. I prefer a sight that is easily adjustable for windage and elevation. Simple as that.
Cool, thanks.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3180 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I had to drift mine a little so I’d prefer a fully adjustable, but it shoots on for me now so I’ll wait.

I did order these LOK Grips partly because they’re neat and partly because they don’t get cold to the touch.