SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Shadow 2 mods and experience.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Shadow 2 mods and experience. Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Still shoots 100% with the blue mainspring and reduced power trigger return spring. I tweaked the factory trigger pin when I had it out and it would walk after firing a few dozen rounds so I put a Cajun Custom trigger pin and reduced power trigger return spring in. I need to track ammo count I think.

I need to get a lot better at magazine changes! Adjusted the mag release so I can reach it a little better. The only gun I’ve found I can reach the magazine release easily is the HK USP style.

Tweaked the position of the holster to a rear can’t but that sets it more vertical once it hangs on the belt with the gun. Looking forward to trying it out, feels better in dryfire. I also put the extended safety on, to use for Limited or a thumb rest. I’ve had to switch to using my offhand thumb on the slide release anyway so the safety is t in the way.

Now though I’m looking for some base pads that fit the CZ 17 round magazines and some that fit the MecGar 17 round mags. Both flat and increased capacity. Keeping within the limits for USPSA Production and Limited as appropriate.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I was interested in getting a CZ Shadow 2. My LGS has the urban grey version for $1039.00 and they had the black model with the Blue grips. That was priced $1159.00. Is there a difference in these models? I was looking on the CZ website and really didn't see a difference. I must be missing something? Why the price difference in the to models?

Thanks!!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
I was interested in getting a CZ Shadow 2. My LGS has the urban grey version for $1039.00 and they had the black model with the Blue grips. That was priced $1159.00. Is there a difference in these models? I was looking on the CZ website and really didn't see a difference. I must be missing something? Why the price difference in the to models?

Thanks!!

The difference is the color. That’s it.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
quote:

Thanks!!

Thanks for that response. I thought there had to be a difference. Not sure why the color would cause such a price increase?

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
quote:

Thanks!!

Thanks for that response. I thought there had to be a difference. Not sure why the color would cause such a price increase?

Demand is much higher for the black ones with the blue grips. The gray ones, more supply and less demand.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
The gray ones are supposed to show wear faster.

I was also told, that price varies on distrutor vs direct. My local guy has a blue grip one for cheaper than a black grip one. Who knows.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I’m really enjoying the LOK Grips and have been dabbling in Limited class for the single action first pull and full magazines. I like it so well that I’m thinking of putting a single action only trigger in it.

Judging by the 2 or 3 STI guns I’ve seen, I’ll stick with CZ if I decide to go to a major caliber Limited gun.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The double action pull is easy to master.
The secret is shooting lots of double action revolver. Wink
I don't even notice the first pull. Smile

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
It’s got a very nice DA pull. However, I’m looking at shooting some ICORE matches for the practice.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I’ve switched to shooting Limited Minor for the full mags and single action trigger. I may put an SAO trigger in it but I haven’t decided.

I have switched to the black 11.5lb hammer spring and it handles my reloads just fine with the WIN SPP.

Mods so far:
LOK thin grips
Green fiber optic front sight
Cajun 11.5lb hammer spring
Cajun trigger pin
Cajun reduced power trigger return spring
Stock recoil spring
Stock firing pin and spring
Light smoothing of parts, 600grit

Shoots well and reliably. Ejects cases well clear and in a small area.

Mods to come:
Cajun SAO trigger
Maybe a 13lb recoil
Fully adjustable rear sight

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Installed the Cajun Gun Works SAO trigger tonight and I really like it!

Part 6SAO straight SAO trigger. I also removed the disconnector as it’s not needed. As I now Shadow 2 pistols it should not be an issue.

Both are setup the same other than the SAO trigger in the one.

Still need the adjustable rear sight, hopefully it has a deeper notch.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I had 3 light strikes this weekend, all of which fired the second time. I’m leaning toward the primers not being seated fully but it may be the lighter mainspring and a dirty hot gun.

I cleaned the gun Friday night and about 700rds in on Saturday, I had a light strike. Probably another after a few more mags. Gun ran fine before and after. The gun was getting pretty hot from the round count and the sun and 100* air temp.

I did not clean the gun Saturday night and had a light strike after lunch about another 400 rounds or so had been fired. Again, hot gun and not cleaned.

I used Slip2000 EWG on the rails and barrel locking lugs and oil on the sear and internals that are hard to grease without a full tear down.

I’m not concerned at this point but I will take extra care to seat the primers and maybe clean the gun.