SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Found a Transition DVC-P at my LGS today...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a Transition DVC-P at my LGS today... Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted
I was checking in at one of my local gun stores for something completely different and saw they had one last DVC-P in stock. It was one that was the old DVC-P with the Gen 2 grip. In the end, I walked out of the dealer for the same price as the XC retails for, and they even installed my SRO for free.

I took it out today and put about 500 rounds through it, but ran into a problem. Eventually, the slide started hesitating and not wanting to go back into battery.

I'm pretty sure 90% of the issue is lube, but I want to put a stronger recoil spring in it. Does anyone know what the stock spring is and what weight I should go to for shooting full power Speer Lawman 124/147 grain 9mm?

Also, anyone know a good place to get extra magazines and/or recommend a good magazine loader? My Maglula does not like the extra girth of the 9mm/38 Super mags

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
It would be cool if you would just type out exactly what you're referring to (Maybe include the manufacturer & provide a link, NOT just a little known 'acronym' designation...Three times!) instead on making everyone google it to see what you're actually posting about! It's not like you're talking about an AR-15... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
It would be cool if you would just type out exactly what you're referring to (Maybe include the manufacturer & provide a link, NOT just a little known 'acronym' designation...Three times!) instead on making everyone google it to see what you're actually posting about! It's not like you're talking about an AR-15... Roll Eyes

plus 1

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4133 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Had to google it too. Does the DV stand for Darth Vader? Looks like his 1911

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

While you do have a point, is there a good reason why you felt compelled to act like a complete douche? Roll Eyes

Now that I'm not running around doing errands and posting on my phone, I can add some extra information and some pictures of my new toy:

STI/Staccato loves to change things around constantly, even more than Sig. What started as the Costa Carry Comp turned into the DVC Omni which turned into the DVC-P which is now the Staccato XC. It's a 9mm 2011 pistol with a 5" Barrel with an Integrated Compensator. There's no set screws or shims. It's all one piece with the front sight stuck on the barrel to help with reacquisition during recoil.

With the SRO on top, the gun is easily the most accurate gun I've ever shot. If I slow fire, I can make one ragged hole standing at 25 yards, but it's so damn hard to slow fire this gun. The massive comp on the barrel kills enough recoil and muzzle flip that it makes full power defensive ammo feel like weak .38 Special hand loads.

Mine is essentially a DVC-P but has the current Gen 2 grip the current Staccato's have and it was $300 less than the current model with no differences. The guide rod is a Dawson Precision Tool-less rod that doesn't need a paper clip to capture the spring in order to take apart the gun.

While I am very sure the problems I had with the gun was me being so excited to shoot it (and excited while posting the question), I wiped all of the packing stuff off and didn't reoil the slide rails, barrel hood, and barrel lockup and the gun just slowed to a crawl. However, I still wouldn't mind getting different recoil springs, but the only pack I saw on Dawson's site was for a smaller rod that were out of stock, and I'm not sure Dawson will get back to me before they shut down for the 4th of July.

Regardless, if you get a chance to shoot this gun, just do it. If the price didn't put me in the poor house, feeding this thing will because after 600 rounds, I was still feeling good and wanted to go more. I really want to see what this gun would do to .40s and .45s, but the .45 was discontinued for lack of sales and I don't think they ever made a .40.

Either way, I'm still stoked and can't wait to get back to the range.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
From the section of the rail that I can see it's dry as a bone. Slop some quality lube in there and have at it.

What kind of ammo were you using?

Recoil spring weight depends on what you are using for ammo.
With the comp you will want to run around 1300FPS.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post