SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you wear shooting gloves, what brand and model do you like?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you wear shooting gloves, what brand and model do you like? Login/Join 
posted
I've been shooting more recently and found my trigger finger gets a little sore and also the web of my hand after 50-75 rounds fired. I thought my old hands might appreciate a pair of shooting gloves. After looking at a lot of different gloves online, I ordered some Direct Action Light gloves with leather palms. They arrived today and fit like a second layer of skin and allow complete freedom of movement. Tonight I'll do some dry fire practice while wearing them. Tomorrow I'll see how they feel with live ammo.

If you wear shooting gloves I would like to hear what kind you like and what features are important.

This the brand I bought:

https://us.directactiongear.com/apparel-45/gloves

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're issued Showa 370's at work.
They are very thin and have "sticky" neoprene palms.
I like them for shooting.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I keep a couple pair of Mechanix gloves in my range bags.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I've worn Mechanix glvoes at work for years now. I think I rotated in a pair of Oakleys for a little while, but it has mainly been properly sized Mechanix.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've worn Mechanix glvoes at work for years now. I think I rotated in a pair of Oakleys for a little while, but it has mainly been properly sized Mechanix.

^^^^^^
I understand properly sized, but which one is best for shooting??

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^
I understand properly sized, but which one is best for shooting??

I'd say it is a matter of preference, but I like the Mechanix better. They fit my hands better and I have no loss of trigger control, or manipulation of a pistol or rifle. Not quite the second-skin-pick-a-penny-up-off-the-ground tight, but close.

Plus, a major bonus is they can be bought at just about any auto parts store, and even WalMart.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^
Thanks

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living In A Wild Place
posted Hide Post
I have used these for sometime. I like the half finger gloves.
https://www.amazon.com/Seibert...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1&psc=1

Posts: 295 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
For the handgun, I like Mechanicswear (when I wear gloves)and for the shotgun, I like "Gripswell" shooting gloves. Left or right handed padding or palm swell. They're just the ticket for my vintage "Side by each" guns with splinter fore ends.And they offer an insulated style for chillier climes!

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
SKD PIG gloves. Been wearing them for shooting and hunting since they first came out many years ago. Mechanix are good but for dexterity and trigger feel the PIG gloves are superior. I have XL sized hands and the XL PIG gloves fit me perfectly. I usually grab them when they go on sale for around $45.

PIG Full Dexterity Tactical (FDT) Alpha Gloves - Full Finger Protection for Shooting Sports https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K..._api_i_lPFTEbBZYZ0Z0

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Over the years I've tried many. Most were a fit issue with fingers to long. Some like the padded exposed finger types simply were too thick.

Found my Military Nomex aviator summer type flight gloves worked best for me. Only nit is that mine aren't touch screen usable. Newer versions are though.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
For me its leather gloves, I've used the Hatch thin leather gloves as shooting gloves over the years.

https://www.amazon.com/Hatch-S...-Glove/dp/B001EDJ2WO

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Same Nitrile medical gloves I wear when cleaning the guns.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

I initially ordered a pair of SKD PIG Alpha gloves in size medium. I could see that they would offer full dexterity but they were too small so I sent them back. I wondered too, about how all the stitching would hold up. There was a seam on one of the gloves that appeared to be coming loose.

I almost opted for Mechanix gloves but from the pictures they didn't appear to be the tight "second skin" fit I was looking for.

I liked the look of the Direct Action gloves and actually wanted a real leather palm and fingers and wasn't interested in gloves with padding. I ordered a medium and a large pair. The large was a perfect fit and I can do anything with them on that I do with bare hands. My wife decided she liked the medium pair and claimed them. They aren't touch screen usable but that is not an issue. I'll only be wearing them when I'm shooting. Time will tell if I've made a good choice.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
Footjoy rain gloves. Yes the golf gloves.

Posts: 1305 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can see that Hatch thin leather gloves or even the golf glove would do what I'm asking gloves to do.

My wife and I went out to our back yard range range and did some shooting this afternoon. She shot a box of 38's through her S&W 442. I shot 100 rounds of 230 grain 45acp with a 1911 pistol and some old CorBon 115 grain 9mm +P in my Glock 26. We both feel that the extra layer of leather effectively reduces the mechanical friction we experience when shooting bare handed. She would normally complain of discomfort after a few cylinders. Today she didn't seem bothered after 50 rounds. I guess I have to say these gloves have improved our experience comfort-wise.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
SKD PIG gloves. Been wearing them for shooting and hunting since they first came out many years ago. Mechanix are good but for dexterity and trigger feel the PIG gloves are superior. I have XL sized hands and the XL PIG gloves fit me perfectly. I usually grab them when they go on sale for around $45.

PIG Full Dexterity Tactical (FDT) Alpha Gloves - Full Finger Protection for Shooting Sports https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K..._api_i_lPFTEbBZYZ0Z0

^^^ These are what you want . They are made for shooting and like what was said above they have superior dexterity.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Ditto the PIG gloves. I've found that I can't get quite the right fit with Mechanix. They're good general gloves, and I've about worn holes in my first pair, but the PIG has better fit and better dexterity.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered my SKD PIG gloves right from SKD Tactical. They have a size chart on their website to get you the perfect fit .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I think MagPul just came out with some thinner shooting gloves

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post