SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Manual Safety P320 - Anyone have one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Manual Safety P320 - Anyone have one? Login/Join 
posted
My LGS has a deal on a 320 Compact in .45 with night sights and manual safety.
Questions:
1- Does the manual safety affect the trigger pull in any way? I have had 320s before so I know what the triggers feel like in general.
2- Is the safety easy to operate and have a crisp engagement? And I don't expect it to engage like a custom 1911.

Thanks in advance!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
My manual safety P320 (9mm FCU, so YMMV) reminds me very much of a 1911.

Having shot non-safety P320s I don't think the manual safety affects the trigger pull in the slightest. The safety engages and disengages very positively with both tactile and audible click on both my pistols. Not so firm that it's tiresome to engage and disengage repeatedly during a long range session or that I've fumbled disengaging it, and not so easy that it will accidentally disengage.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Rob Decker! That's what I want to hear!

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SGT45
posted Hide Post
I really like my P320 .45 w/ms.
#1 answer- NO.
#2 answer Yes.

SGT 45
P320 Compact 9mm w/ MS (3)
P320 Compact 9mm FDE
P320 Compact/Carry 9mm FDE
P320 Compact .45 w/MS
P938
P229
--- Lots of Glocks

Posts: 437 | Location: Gettysburg,PA USA | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Sarge! I just ordered the gun. If it shoots half as well as my Compact P250 .45 I will be a happy camper.

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
You will find it in the way of the slide release.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did notice that the slide release and safety are quite close together. But so is the slide release and decocker on my 2022s.

Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
You will find it in the way of the slide release.

Bob

Since transitioning to the P229 Legion, I've stopped bothering with the slide release entirely. The damn thing is just too small.

When I purchased the P320 I kept the same manual of arms. While I tried using the (itty-bitty, Legion-sized) slide release on the non-manual-safety P320s I fired before my purchase, I found the size of the lever and the shelf to protect it were enough of an impediment to keep me just yanking the slide on a reload.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked it up today. So far, impressed with both the trigger and the safety.