SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    LGS scores of the week.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LGS scores of the week. Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted
Local gun store put used guns on sale yesterday (for the weekend). 10% off all used guns and 20% off .40S&W guns. I stopped in and came home with 2 pistols.

1st up is a 99% Ruger LC9s Pro (no manual safety). Came with one mag and the original box. Price after discount, $206.

2nd up was what I would call a great deal. S&W Shield 40 (no safety). I'd call it 95% if it wasn't for the stipling done to it, came with 3 mags and a Bladetech IWB holster. Price after discount was $175. I'm no fan of .40S&W but couldn't pass it up at that price.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Local gun store put used guns on sale yesterday (for the weekend). 10% off all used guns and 20% off .40S&W guns. I stopped in and came home with 2 pistols.

1st up is a 99% Ruger LC9s Pro (no manual safety). Came with one mag and the original box. Price after discount, $206.

2nd up was what I would call a great deal. S&W Shield 40 (no safety). I'd call it 95% if it wasn't for the stipling done to it, came with 3 mags and a Bladetech IWB holster. Price after discount was $175. I'm no fan of .40S&W but couldn't pass it up at that price.

For $140 you can get a 9 to 40 custom conversion barrel from Rainier Arms. 2 calibers in one.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a few deals at a LGS. One is a story that's pretty unbelievable. I'll share it sometime.

In the meantime, here's a pretty cool pistol that I picked up for cheap. I was in a LGS when a customer came in and put (2) pistols on consignment. I waited for him to leave and asked the worker what he wanted for that old
Ruger. I was quoted: "250.00 OTD" I brought it home with me that day.

Ruger MKI 1961 production with a factory compensator. Finish is quite excellent for it's age.

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
$175 for the Shield? I would've bought it too! Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
I found the .40 Shield positively miserable to shoot. Way too snappy. I would look at a conversion barrel.

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to a few shops on Sat and they had a lot of good stuff laying around . I spied a Smith SD9VE in the box ,ex mag ,mint like new for 149 . I had to take it home for that . I think they are a good extra gun for that price . I wiped it off when I got home and got out a Desantis Blk leather speed scabbard I had and its a perfect fit . This place is a Sig master dealer and thats why I went to look . I also got another 10 per cent off that 149 for that Smith . Thet had new Smith M/P 40 for 299 and Body guard 380s for 249 ,also a 2in Smith model 10 from around 1984 for 325 I should have got that one .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post