SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What are the earliest P226 factory two tones?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are the earliest P226 factory two tones? Login/Join 
Picture of RR
posted
Was looking online at some W German SIGs and saw a P226 two tone from 1987. Wondered if it could be original and if the experts here knew how common and how early they started with the factory two tones?

Posts: 438 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
1985? Bueller?

Posts: 438 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Check here first.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
Check here first.

Thanks Craig. I checked there and only saw 1 1985 and a 1990 as the early ones. They seem kinda rare.

Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I would think that the early ones are pretty rare.

I don't think I had even seen a two tone P226 all through the 1980's other than in pictures. Most all I had seen personally were blue and a very few were K-Kote.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAR:

I don't think I had even seen a two tone P226 all through the 1980's other than in pictures. Most all I had seen personally were blue and a very few were K-Kote.

They had factory full Ni SIGs in the 80s, but I haven't seen a factory 2-tone Ni ones in this time period, either. That doesn't mean they might not exist, however. OP's gun probably doesn't have the original box with label. Otherwise, he wouldn't have asked the question. Have pics?

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by CAR:

They had factory full Ni SIGs in the 80s, but I haven't seen a factory 2-tone Ni ones in this time period, either. That doesn't mean they might not exist, however. OP's gun probably doesn't have the original box with label. Otherwise, he wouldn't have asked the question. Have pics?

Thanks for the replies. Only pics I have now are screenshots from Gunbroker. I have to figure out how to post them.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:

Q,

That’s creepy
Just sayin

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Is that the one you were looking at? JH 2-tone P226.

Q

Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^ Is that the one you were looking at? JH 2-tone P226.

Haha, yes. That’s why I thought it was creepy. Obviously it’s had some use. Wonder if it’s original? I’m inclined to believe it is, just because it’s hard to imagine it’s been refinished AND looks that used. The seller is an importer, so I’m curious if it was in service overseas? What are your thoughts?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If it doesn't have confirmation as to original finish, folks can claim anything. So, your guess is as good as mine. But, either way, this SIG really looks nasty and is not worth the final price to me. It got nothing, not even a mag included in the sale.

Q

Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it doesn't have confirmation as to original finish, folks can claim anything. So, your guess is as good as mine. But, either way, this SIG really looks nasty and is not worth the final price to me. It got nothing, not even a mag included in the sale.

Thanks. Seller didn’t claim anything about finish, and there certainly is no box and test target with this one lol. It does kinda look like a sad puppy that needs a new home for the holidays.

Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
You probably suspect, and yes I did buy it the other day. I don’t have a W German P226. More importantly, I don’t have a Herndon, VA import. If it’s an original 2- tone that’s pretty cool to me and if it’s not, then I have no qualms about having it refinished similar to it is now. (Without looking like it was thrown down the stairs many times.). I’ll know more when it’s in my hands.

Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
I can't recall ever seeing a 2 tone'd SIG P series pistol before about 1990 plus...remember that in the earlier years, SIGArms was an importer for the most part and all these options came much later...

I'd bet nothing from Tysons Corner or Herndon, VA offered anything but SIG Blue, K-Kote or EN...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SiGagain:
I can't recall ever seeing a 2 tone'd SIG P series pistol before about 1990 plus...remember that in the earlier years, SIGArms was an importer for the most part and all these options came much later...

I'd bet nothing from Tysons Corner or Herndon, VA offered anything but SIG Blue, K-Kote or EN...

Bill

The page that Craigcpa referred to lists a 1985 Tysons Corner and a 1990 2- tone?

Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
the Tysons Corner model on that list also shows 1995 and SIGArms was LONG gone from Tysons by then...could be a typo and it is unknown if it is a factory 2 tone but again...I'm only going from memory and my experience...

I don't recall any 2 tones from SIGArms before Exeter and when I bought my P228 in early 1990 only SIG Blue, K-Kote and Nickel (EN) were listed as options...

could someone have a factory 2 tone...anything could happen but I'm only relaying my memory and experience with SIGs going back to my first P226 in 1987

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SiGagain:
the Tysons Corner model on that list also shows 1995 and SIGArms was LONG gone from Tysons by then...could be a typo and it is unknown if it is a factory 2 tone but again...I'm only going from memory and my experience...

I don't recall any 2 tones from SIGArms before Exeter and when I bought my P228 in early 1990 only SIG Blue, K-Kote and Nickel (EN) were listed as options...

could someone have a factory 2 tone...anything could happen but I'm only relaying my memory and experience with SIGs going back to my first P226 in 1987

Bill

Interesting. Appreciate the info.