SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kudos to Century Arms
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kudos to Century Arms Login/Join 
Banned
posted
I bought a TP9 SA last year prior to the election. it was a very in expensive 18 round 9mm with pretty decent reviews.

It was in the safe, never shot it.

Decided to pull it out recently and shoot it. Unfortunately the bang button didn't work. There was now Pew when I pulled the trigger.

No primer dent either.

Fire pin/striker was broken.

An email to Century Arms (Canikusa) and they sent a new one USPS within 3 days of requesting the part.

The bang button now goes pew pew.

First firearm I've ever owned that had a broken part. I guess this happens. I've heard some bad stories and many good stories on the TP9. I doubt I would carry it but it is a nice plinker.

Thank you Century for the fast service.

Posts: 270 | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Nice to hear they took care of you.

Also serves as a reminder to test shoot your firearms. Otherwise you'll never know if the bang switch works or not.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I agree 100%

I’ve had it almost a year and never shot it.

If I had been carrying it and needed it I would have been in huge trouble.

I have no way to tell if it was broken new or if it broke during dry fire.

Def rest and train with your carry weapon.

Posts: 270 | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
You were LUCKY. Century is NOT noted for their CS.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that you got your Canik fixed but dang it seems like a lot of Canik striker fire pistol owners are having a problem with broken striker pin.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Well Canik did announce a "severe duty upgrade" to the TP9SF family of pistols. They were vague on specifics other than to say that 'internal parts' could be damaged or broken if the guns are repeatedly dropped (a la P320). Maybe the striker pin is one of the parts on that list.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
You were LUCKY. Century is NOT noted for their CS.

This....times the speed of light.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post