SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P-225A1 and "Old" grip panels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P-225A1 and "Old" grip panels Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone tried the original, "old style" grip panels on an A1? A few days ago I purchased a 225A1 with the checkered wood stocks. Love the contrast of the wood and the finish of the gun. Only thing is, the grip on this gun seems a tad on the thick side for a single stack and I was curious if the old style panels fit. As I recall they were a little thinner than the currently offered stocks.
How did I do? The 225A1 was listed as a "Close-out / On sale" for $649 at a combo gun shop/jewelry store. Considering the msrp and what they are going for on the various websites I couldn't resist.

Thanks much, John

Posts: 362 | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone tried the original, "old style" grip panels on an A1?

Completely different guns. Grips are different. So, will not fit.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You made a good deal but no joy on the old style grips. Totally different gun.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyK:
Has anyone tried the original, "old style" grip panels on an A1? A few days ago I purchased a 225A1 with the checkered wood stocks. Love the contrast of the wood and the finish of the gun. Only thing is, the grip on this gun seems a tad on the thick side for a single stack and I was curious if the old style panels fit. As I recall they were a little thinner than the currently offered stocks.
How did I do? The 225A1 was listed as a "Close-out / On sale" for $649 at a combo gun shop/jewelry store. Considering the msrp and what they are going for on the various websites I couldn't resist.

Thanks much, John

Sounds like a certain store in Grand Rapids, MI. where I've picked up a Sig 220 Scorpion on close out for $639!!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post