SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 - do you carry, or not even bother...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 - do you carry, or not even bother... Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
I recently purchased a P365 and have really fallen in love the the gun. It's not as easy to shoot as my M&P Shield, but it's still not bad. I've started carrying it, and wanted to see what everyone's stance is on this pistol:

Question:
My thoughts on the P365...

Choices:
Great gun...issues were fixed and I trust it.
Great gun, I've got a ton of rounds through it, and I trust it
All internet hype...
Love the gun, but don't carry it because I don't trust it due to all the problems.
Gun was a piece of junk...mine broke.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great gun
It shoots well

It is my primary carry piece

RC

Posts: 1941 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Mine is carried daily, both off duty and on duty as a back up.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RustyNut
posted Hide Post
I voted B up top. I haven't shot it since last Fall but it did just fine then.

Posts: 37 | Location: MN USA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is in my pant pocket and when at the range shooting other pistols, I run through the four magazines I have... All is well! It is a more comfortable shooter than the P938 and more accurate. Not one single problem!

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I really trust mine. But I'm conflicted, what am i going to do with my other 3 CCW guns.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I've put 300 rounds through mine without any problems thus far. I'd like to get to 1,000 before I feel comfortable carrying it though.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The thing is, after you fire those thousand rounds, when you get in that gunfight and the striker breaks on round 1001, you really can't call back one of the thousand and throw it at the other guy.

You could always stop the fight and explain that it worked before, see if maybe that buys some credit, but probably best not to count on that, either.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
I owned two, first was born in June and the second was October. Both required returns to SIG and both have been sold. Never again for this model.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC:
Great gun
It shoots well

It is my primary carry piece

+1.....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
watch this and this guy is A glock lover see what he says about the 365 at 16.50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4B5FOCrc_A

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
2700rds thru my primary P365 and over 800 thru my spare. Carry one regularly.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I rotate carrying between my P365 and a compact 1911.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Carry mine daily.

Love it and trust it. 1200 rounds fired and going strong.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a dec 2018 365, and may start carrying it. I had some trouble at first, but it seems to be worked out. After I put another 600 rounds through it, trouble free, I will be ok carrying it.

I have had a number of glocks, and had two that were simply unusable. Those two did not make me distrust glocks in general, but those two definitely were junk - and some folks still say it is impossible..... I have had smith revolvers that were junk, too. Truth is, every now and then, bad batches get out, and initial runs sometimes have problems. Time will tell if the 365 is a dog, or if it just had teething issues.

If you put enough rounds down range, you will see failures in every gun. It does not make you trust them less, unless it happens very frequently/repeatedly.

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The thing is, after you fire those thousand rounds, when you get in that gunfight and the striker breaks on round 1001, you really can't call back one of the thousand and throw it at the other guy.

You could always stop the fight and explain that it worked before, see if maybe that buys some credit, but probably best not to count on that, either.

At what point would you consider the 365 good to carry? 1,500 rounds? 3,000 rounds? 10,000 rounds? Does whatever you carry never have a possibility of breaking? If so, I'd like to you know what you have so I can buy that.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just qualified mine Saturday and as soon as I can get it on my permit it will be my daily carry. 1,380 rounds through it so far with zero hiccups...

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 12, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
I really trust mine. But I'm conflicted, what am i going to do with my other 3 CCW guns.

If you've only got three you need to buy more!

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
At 1000 trouble free rounds, I started carrying. At 1300, still runs fine. Mine is an early Jan. 2019 model.

1 Sam. 15:28

Posts: 313 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just passed 4000 rounds,without issue. Yes, I carmy it.

Posts: 19 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post