SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I know why I've never bought a P320 (not drop related) **Updated with my new issue**
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I know why I've never bought a P320 (not drop related) **Updated with my new issue** Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted
Got a smoking deal on a P320 and the LGS tossed in a APEX trigger, I'm sitting here trying to install it.

Yeah

Whatever SIG has done to these P320 full-size guns has made it 100% impossible for anyone to install the APEX trigger.

Horrible design, should have bought another GLOCK.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ThankGod4Sig,

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Literally takes 30 seconds. The hardest part is the spring and Bruce has posted a video that makes that beyond easy.

Posts: 33 | Registered: August 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScopeX5:
Literally takes 30 seconds. The hardest part is the spring and Bruce has posted a video that makes that beyond easy.

No luck. Nothing fits back into place with this gun.

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Well I'm sure I broke something (i.e springs) it finally went together.

Still overall not impressed with the entire system of interchange

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
FYI, Apex may want those parts back, along with the stuff the LGS has on the shelves.

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...20-trigger-products/

"Apex Customer Advisory Regarding Sig Sauer P320 Trigger Products

Due to Sig Sauer’s recently announced “voluntary upgrade” of the Sig Sauer P320 pistol, announced on August 8, 2017, Apex Tactical Specialties, out of an abundance of caution, has chosen until further notice to suspend sales of those aftermarket trigger products specifically designed for use in the Sig Sauer P320.

Additionally, for those customers that have purchased an Apex Curved Advanced Trigger, part# 112-022, due to how closely the Curved Advanced Trigger’s design reflects that of the current Sig Sauer stock factory trigger, we are asking customers to stop using this trigger and to please contact Apex Customer Service at (623) 322-0200 or Guns@ApexTactical.com to return the trigger in exchange for credit towards any one of our Apex products.

Regarding the Apex Flat Advanced Trigger, part# 112-021, and the Apex Flat-Faced Action Enhancement Trigger, part# 112-020, Apex engineers have conducted controlled drop tests at the -30 degree angle with each of these flat triggers and have not had a discharge occur. HOWEVER, because this is too small a sample, and due to the fact that Sig Sauer has indicated that its voluntary upgrade will include more than just the trigger, we advise caution and warn against accepting use of either of these two Apex triggers as solutions to the factory drop safe issue. They Are Not.

If you own and have installed an Apex aftermarket trigger for your P320, and in light of the recent announcement from Sig Sauer you feel it is unsafe to use, please discontinue using or carrying your pistol immediately. Below we outline what steps to take based on which model of Apex trigger you own and when and where it was purchased.

For the Curved Advanced Trigger (part# 112-022):
1) Remove from service immediately and contact Customer Service at (623) 322-0200 or Guns@ApexTactical.com to exchange for credit.

For the Flat Advanced Trigger (part# 112-021):
1) If purchased from Apex within the last 30 days, contact Apex Customer Service at (623) 322-0200 or Guns@ApexTactical.com for an RMA and refund, or credit towards another Apex product.

2) If purchased from a retail source other than Apex, or purchased from Apex more than 30 days ago, contact Apex Customer Service at (623) 322-0200 or Guns@ApexTactical.com for an RMA and credit towards another Apex product.

Flat-Faced Action Enhancement Trigger (Part# 112-020):
1) If purchased from Apex within the last 30 days, contact Apex Customer Service at (623) 322-0200 or Guns@ApexTactical.com for an RMA and refund, or credit towards another Apex product.

2) If purchased from a retail source other than Apex, or purchased from Apex more than 30 days ago, contact Apex Customer Service at (623) 322-0200 or Guns@ApexTactical.com for an RMA and credit towards another Apex product.

Notice To Dealers

Dealers who have stock of unsold Apex triggers for the Sig Sauer P320 (SKU# 112-020, 112-021 or 112-022) may contact Apex’s Dealer Sales Manager at Dealer@ApexTactical.com and request a return for credit of the product they have on hand.

Any product returned to our Dealers and Distributors for refund may be subsequently returned to Apex for a refund in the form of a credit as well.

Thank You for Your Patience

As a leading designer, developer and manufacturer of aftermarket products for firearms, Apex strives to produce products that are beneficial to the end user and improve function, while maintaining or enhancing factory safety values. With the latest release of information from Sig Sauer, we have chosen to discontinue the sale of our P320 aftermarket triggers until such time as we can thoroughly test our products with the latest Sig Sauer upgrades for the P320.

We hope that will be sooner rather than later, but it could take some time for us to receive the necessary factory upgrades for our R&D P320 pistols. We appreciate your understanding, and especially your patience, in the matter.

~ Apex Tactical Specialties"

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
FYI, Apex may want those parts back, along with the stuff the LGS has on the shelves.

To late now. I just spent an hour and a half trying to install this trigger.

Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
This is starting to look like some sort of Apple product.

So trigger has a huge double click.
The rail system isn't spec. I have an M3 tac light yeah doesn't fit.

Lets see what else doesn't work on it

Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I actually did the install without removing the spring. There is a youtuve video that showed this. Took me literally a minute to install it.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Classy response from Apex, though, on the whole issue.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
So trigger has a huge double click.

The rail system isn't spec. I have an M3 tac light yeah doesn't fit.

The double click is well known and unpopular. I noticed that immediately at the gun store, but I liked the pistol so much that I bought it anyway.

The Picatinny rail is MIL-SPEC which is why half of my lights also won't fit on the grip module. (Combat models also have a MIL-SPEC rail.) Don't be like me and force your light onto the rail "anyway". I had to use a screwdriver and pliers to get it off. I did post here about this issue, but that was around 3 years ago.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well I'm sure I broke something (i.e springs) it finally went together.

I keep several spare springs as an unbent trigger spring is critical to proper reset. It may be prudent to install a new spring each time the trigger is removed. IMO Bruce Gray's video is the best method of replacing a trigger on the P320, but I have not found the video mentioned by Beanhead.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's that crappy, I'll bail you out. I'll give ya 200 bucks for it. Big Grin

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So you're bitching because you decided to mod your gun and you fucked it up. And it's Sigs fault. Sigs suck.

Yaaaaaa right.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it's not the arrow, it's the archer Wink. Oooh and an Apple hating reference too, nice tie in! I guess it's "Hate your Sig month". Kinda funny really.

Stripped my surplus Hi Power yesterday. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
After fighting the gun yesterday, getting some serious low ball offers and you f**ckers hounding me ( Cool Wink Razz )

I got to the range with it today. The Apex trigger does the job. Wow this sucker is a serious tack driver. It might even be better than my P226

Now to add a Vortex sight on it and add some 21 round mags.

I kinda like it!

posted Hide Post

Razz

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Ha ha, and appropriate it seems. I was wondering if the excessive bitching meant for fun. That's I threw in the story of my tiff with the light and and the rail.

Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
^^^^^
Ha ha, and appropriate it seems. I was wondering if the excessive bitching meant for fun. That's I threw in the story of my tiff with the light and and the rail.

The rail is actually kinda odd. The factory M3 light doesn't fit, but the cheap china knock off does. ok...... Confused

posted Hide Post
I've been trying to have someone sell me a Sig P320 .40 S&W compact with PELT trigger at a discounted price. My first offer: a cheeseburger and a soda.

Guess I'll have to up the ante and substantially increase my offer: cheeseburger, soda AND fries.

I'll gladly take away that weapon of mass destruction off any taker's hands.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
The rail is actually kinda odd. The factory M3 light doesn't fit, but the cheap china knock off does. ok...... Confused

The only two lights that I own that fit on the 320's Picatinny rail are a Streamlight TLR-2 and an old Glock tactical light. The Streamlight requires tools for tightening / loosening while the quick attach Glock light has a Xenon bulb. I would personally just buy an updated Glock light featuring an LED bulb for my P320, but those don't seem to exist.