SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked a new M&P 2.0 full sized 9mm in FDE...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked a new M&P 2.0 full sized 9mm in FDE... Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
...I have been eyeballing it at my LGS for a few weeks now. Not a fan of the safety but after owning the new 2.0 Compact, I didn't think I wanted the new full sized but the FDE sold me, just a color I like.

Next to one of my 2.0 Compacts...

Next to my Gen 4 G34 which I had locally cerakoted as it was a Blue Label Glock, only comes in black.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the fde color on pistols,they look sharp. Nice looking pistola.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Manual safety is easily removed. All you need are plugs.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I ordered the 4".
I'm very tempted to buy the full size (in FDE also) to use in USPSA/IDPA.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have heard mixed feelings about the safety. Some say it's positive others say it moves to easy.

How does yours seem?

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheNewbie:
I have heard mixed feelings about the safety. Some say it's positive others say it moves to easy.

How does yours seem?

Moves very easy, off and on.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call S&W for free safety plug.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kilyung:
Call S&W for free safety plug.

I will, thank you guys for the advice. I'm just not a big external thumb safety gun. This gun will be a range and home defense gun. Needs some night sights and the thumb safety plugs.

posted Hide Post
I have the same model. I like the safety for a variety of reasons. It's easy enough to disengage during the draw stroke and ride during the firing sequence.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mlazarus:
I have the same model. I like the safety for a variety of reasons. It's easy enough to disengage during the draw stroke and ride during the firing sequence.

I will say, makes a good rhumg resr!

posted Hide Post
Very nice pistol.

How does it shoot compared to your G34?

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
Very nice pistol.

How does it shoot compared to your G34?

Range time tomorrow and the 34 is a toughone to beat!

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I picked one up yesterday as well. I called S&W to get some frame plugs so I can remove the safety. They are currently back ordered, so it will be a few weeks before they arrive the gal said.

Mine was very dry. It malfunctioned every shot for about 4or 5mags. I squirted a little lube in there and it slowly got better. After a couple more mags, it started running 100%.

As an aside, I don’t think this model is a “full-size.” I think the full-size is the 4.25”barrel. This model is the 5”barrel.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
As an aside, I don’t think this model is a “full-size.” I think the full-size is the 4.25”barrel. This model is the 5”barrel.

It is actually just called an M&P 2.0. My full sized comment was simply meant to differ it from the compact.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
quote:

It is actually just called an M&P 2.0. My full sized comment was simply meant to differ it from the compact.

Rodger that.

Did you shoot it with the G34 yet? I’m curios to hear what you think.

I shot mine again today. Man I love these guns. I’m finding the 2.0 Compact is slightly faster back on target than my G19. First gun in a looooooong time that I think shoots better than my glocks.

I was giving the VP9 a go for the past few weeks too, but I shoot these much better than the HK’s.

I shot my 5” side by side with my G19 and it’s no contest, I much prefer the M&P. I’ve had a love hate with Glocks for years and can’t believe it, but I finally found something I like better.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waiting for a black 5" 9mm to replace my CORE.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
quote:

Rodger that.

Did you shoot it with the G34 yet? I’m curios to hear what you think.

I shot mine again today. Man I love these guns. I’m finding the 2.0 Compact is slightly faster back on target than my G19. First gun in a looooooong time that I think shoots better than my glocks.

I was giving the VP9 a go for the past few weeks too, but I shoot these much better than the HK’s.

I shot my 5” side by side with my G19 and it’s no contest, I much prefer the M&P. I’ve had a love hate with Glocks for years and can’t believe it, but I finally found something I like better.

I've shot my 2.0 compact next to my 19.5, excellent gun, both of them. I will shoot my new 2.0 next to my new 17.5. They both have goods and bads. I am a huge Glock fan but prefer the new 2.0 trigger slightly more but it breaks a bit further back, not what I like but doable. Ergo's go to the M&P 2.0 for sure. But something about a Glock still makes me tick.

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheNewbie:

How does yours seem?

I have a 1.0 MP 357 Sig compact that came manual safety. Mine was easy to fip, until I removed the safety and filed the engagement notch a little, which gave it a more positive "click-click" action, I also removed the left safety lever, and decreased the size of the strong side lever.

I prefer the safey on my MP, but it would not fit the new Safariland 578 paddle holster with the safety, so I removed the safety and installed the plugs.

With a MeGar magazine extension, I have 13 rounds and have a Viridian C5 light on it. It is my "nightstand" house gun. If you are interested in modifying your safety, I will try to find the website detailing the procedure.

Here is the link for that from the MP forum, not sure if the photos will show up now due to Photobucket:

http://mp-pistol.com/mp-gunsmi...y-manual-safety.html

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Probably a little thread drift here, but I have the full size M&P 2.0 in .45 ACP. Side by side with my G21? I’m far more accurate with the Glock. I just can’t get used to the trigger in the M&P.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:
Probably a little thread drift here, but I have the full size M&P 2.0 in .45 ACP. Side by side with my G21? I’m far more accurate with the Glock. I just can’t get used to the trigger in the M&P.

Well, to be fair, the G21 is an excellent platform and the 2.0 trigger breaks furher back compared.