SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DPM Recoil Reduction Experiences
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DPM Recoil Reduction Experiences Login/Join 
Picture of ALLEGRO1957
posted
Caught some vids and data on the DPM system. Does anyone have first-hand experience with the P320 platform?

I am running the P320c

Let me hear your feedback

Be a productive citizen but always be prepared

Posts: 43 | Registered: October 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no direct experience with them but what I have been told by people who have used them is that the effect is small. Porting and compensators have stronger recoil reducing effects. IMHO

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
I have no direct experience with them but what I have been told by people who have used them is that the effect is small. Porting and compensators have stronger recoil reducing effects. IMHO

Which pistols and what calibers, please. I will be testing 3 out tomorrow. All Are sigs and all will be using Winchester 9mm NATO. P365, P229, and P226 Tac Ops.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had 357 sw 3inch ported and it had a 10 to 15% effect. Shooters who I know who have them like them a lot for accuracy and reducing muzzle rise. Your purpose in shooting, competition vs general recreation and how recoil sensitive you are will be big determining factors. Some people do not like them at all. YMMV. Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
I'm running a Sprinco system in my P229 in .40 S&W/.357SIG and it does help with the flip on the .40 and makes the .357 feel like +P 9mm loads.

I debated between the Sprinco and the DPM system, reviews I read on both were positive, I just went with the Sprinco from owning one in the past and liking it back then.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have them (DPM) in my Walther PPS M1 's, 9mm & 40 SW. In the 40, the snap is really subdued.

In the 9mm, no, it does't make it a 22 caliber recoil, but muzzle rise is much lower

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I have one in my Steyr M9-A1. It reduces the snappiness of recoil I'd say 10%, which is pretty good considering Steyrs are already known for their soft shooting characteristics.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Took all three pistols out to the range. My wife and I put 170 rounds into targets at 30 feet. I have arthritis in both wrists that is painful when I shoot certain pistols

P365- -- Almost zero recoil and very slight muzzle flip. Shooting at center mass, the groups were more than satisfactory ( I still need to work a little on my grip) and, there was almost no wrist pain.

P226 Tac Ops- -- Recoil was not a problem but was totally obviated by the DPM. Muzzle flip was virtually nonexistent.

P229 Classic Carry w/ Legacy Slide --- No muzzle flip and very soft shooting. This is my cold weather edc and I am pleased that I have a pistol that finally gives me 100% confidence in hitting my target. ( The P226 Tac Ops is my SHTF weapon and for HD. I have very rarely used it for carry.

All in all I give the DPM an A. My wife did also and we bought units for her 226 and 365.

Basically, recoil reduction and muzzle flip reduction made the purchases worthwhile.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post