SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Considering a P320SC X-Change kit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Considering a P320SC X-Change kit Login/Join 
posted
My question is do the X-Change kits come with the magazine release installed or do I have to transfer it over? From what I see in pictures it looks like they don't have the magazine release installed and the other problem is that it appears a compact medium frame release will be too long for the subcompact P320 frame. Any ideas?

Posts: 267 | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The mag release already comes installed on all spare grip modules and X-Change kits.

If you already have a Compact, you might consider simply picking up a Subcompact grip module and Subcompact magazine(s).

The Compact slide works just fine on the Subcompact grip. And it is only 0.3 inches longer than the Subcompact slide, so the muzzle length isn't any harder to conceal.

Plus, you can still use your same Compact holsters with this setup, provided you go with the railed Medium Subcompact frame. (You may be able to do the same with a non-railed Small Subcompact grip module and some holsters, but the holster fit will just be a bit looser due to the lack of a rail.)

You can get a Subcompact grip module and a magazine for ~$70 total, compared to $300+ for the X-Change kit. Spending the extra $230+ just to save 3/10ths of an inch in muzzle length isn't really worth it. By sticking with the Compact slide, you're saving several hundred dollars, and basically ending up with a Compact with a shorter grip that's easier to conceal.

Here's a shot of mine. I swap my Subcompact grip module onto my Compact when I need a bit of extra concealment:

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will come with the magazine release already installed. All you have to do is swap over your FCU.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I agree with the lesser expensive grip module/magazines instead of the calx kit.

If you've had the SIG upgrade, try to find the later version of the subcompact grip module. It has a more pronounced beavertail. I'm not sure what SIG did to the inside of the later grip module but they included new grip modules on subcompact pistols sent in for the upgrade.

You care correct about the difference in the magazine release buttons.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
If you've had the SIG upgrade, try to find the later version of the subcompact grip module. It has a more pronounced beavertail. I'm not sure what SIG did to the inside of the later grip module but they included new grip modules on subcompact pistols sent in for the upgrade.

Not all. Some folks (myself included) sent in old subcompact grip modules, and received the same old grips back after the upgrade.

Which is disappointing, since I was looking forward to the larger beavertail.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this up. I've ordered the sc grip module and mag for around 70.00.

Working with my threaded barrel 320 and standard 250. Swapped the barrels between the two giving me a 320 with standard barrel to use with the sc frame for concealed carry. Saved me some $$.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
The mag release already comes installed on all spare grip modules and X-Change kits.

If you already have a Compact, you might consider simply picking up a Subcompact grip module and Subcompact magazine(s).

The Compact slide works just fine on the Subcompact grip. And it is only 0.3 inches longer than the Subcompact slide, so the muzzle length isn't any harder to conceal.

Plus, you can still use your same Compact holsters with this setup, provided you go with the railed Medium Subcompact frame. (You may be able to do the same with a non-railed Small Subcompact grip module and some holsters, but the holster fit will just be a bit looser due to the lack of a rail.)

You can get a Subcompact grip module and a magazine for ~$70 total, compared to $300+ for the X-Change kit. Spending the extra $230+ just to save 3/10ths of an inch in muzzle length isn't really worth it. By sticking with the Compact slide, you're saving several hundred dollars, and basically ending up with a Compact with a shorter grip that's easier to conceal.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post