SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone know why the safety lever on the 220 Legion SAO is different than the 226 Legion SAO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know why the safety lever on the 220 Legion SAO is different than the 226 Legion SAO Login/Join 
posted
Title says it all, I really like the safety on my 226 Legion SAO and I would like to pick up a 220 SAO Legion and I noticed the pics online show a different design of the safety lever, just curious if anyone knows why it’s different.

Posts: 2055 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the the safeties look different because the P220 SAO lever on the other/previous SAO P220 models is smaller/shorter than the P226 SAO safety lever. I checked an older P220 SAO model against the P220 Legion SAO—the levers appear identical.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I noticed that as well, just don’t understand why they wouldn’t upgrade it on the 220 Legion model rather than using the old design, I’m sure it functions fine I just think the 226 safety looks better.

Posts: 2055 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The safety appears very similar to the safety on my P220 X-Six, so perhaps an upgrade is not needed.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post