SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New CZ P-01 UPDATE: back from CGW
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CZ P-01 UPDATE: back from CGW Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
I picked this up last week and took it out for the first time today. Here are some crummy pictures.

Note the NATO stock number.

I put a little over 200 rounds through it. Although the first few cases ejected tried to bean me, there were no stoppages. Here are a couple of the targets, shot mostly at 3-7 yards, two-handed and one-handed, with a few left-handed (my weak hand), to show what the gun is capable of.

I give it four and a half stars out of five. Why not five? It has somewhat heavy trigger pulls, both in double (unlike my PCR) and single action, typical of this model. In single-action, when pulling the trigger slowly, you can see the hammer actually move back a little before it releases. There is virtually no chance that the hammer will ever fall out of engagement, but "trigger snobs" probably won't like it. I don't care about that, but what I do care about is that the trigger starts to become uncomfortable after about 100 rounds and rubbed a hole in my finger with a flap of skin hanging by the time I was finished. Whether this was because of the shape or contour of the trigger, the pull weight or both, I don't know. Aside from that, for $600 you get a lot of gun for the money. I'll be keeping it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Great gun. Yeah, the typical stock trigger on these CZs is nothing to write home about.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting.Impatiently waiting for one to be delivered from the Cajun place.

Posts: 101 | Registered: January 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice purchase. I am contemplating letting my local gunsmith try a trigger job on my P09, or just send to CJW. Trigger has too much creep for me.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see it's still oozing oilSmile Nice guns!!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I just got one recently after saving for months. Just sent it in to replace the trigger.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a nice pistol. Very comfortable to shoot and accurate.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I had one I had a little trigger work done on, put on VZ grips...then sold it to my buddy for $350 in a bout of "I never shoot this anymore" disease...ugg.

I still look around for another but the price...

I loved the placement of the decocker. Fit me perfectly.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting!

I got one on order Razz

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dozerd8:
Nice shooting.Impatiently waiting for one to be delivered from the Cajun place.

I just sent a 75B last week. Got the notice it arrived safely. Count me in as another impatient WAITER.

Been windy and cold here, but I took my new PCR out again the other day. Couldn't keep a target up, 30 mph winds. But I did 100 rds of plinking with it, at the quarry.

Going to get rid of the rubber stocks and go with some thinner g-10's. But I surely like it.

Then shot my full sized PO1....what a night and day difference!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I sold one many many years ago. One of my sale regrets I am trying to rectify.

The thing that always amazes me about CZs is they look like crap on the inside but they always run. The oooze a certain charm.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention... REALLY like the NSN on the frame.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I thought they ditched the NSN number when they did some parts changes years back. Did they resubmit to testing to get it back?

I kinda dig the NSN too. Stupid but hey I am a hobbyist not a door kicker.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Here's mine...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Mine didn't have the NSN. That's neat. I wonder if it's real? I know the first two segments are.

Real quick:
1005: arms from 1-30mm
16: country code (16 is Czechoslovakia)
Last two sequences are the assigned item number.

Won't find it in Fed Log but it's cool.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my all time favorite pistols. CZ Custom does a great trigger job, too, if it bothers you. I find them smooth considerably after a half-case or so.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loves me some PO1. My only complaint is the inside rails design does make it harder to rack the slide but that is a minimal complaint. Really doesn't even rise to complaint, more of a nit pick.

CZ makes some of the best shooting guns out there.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got one and sent it to Cajun Gun Works for action job. Waiting for it to come back. Planning to replace the sights.
I called CZ and asked about shooting steel case ammo in it. They said no problem. Love those guns made in former com - bloc countries, they were made to shoot steel case and work with el cheapo ammo.

Posts: 139 | Registered: August 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I loves me some PO1. My only complaint is the inside rails design does make it harder to rack the slide but that is a minimal complaint. Really doesn't even rise to complaint, more of a nit pick.

CZ makes some of the best shooting guns out there.

Pull the hammer back first.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope that would invalidate my man card. Lol

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post