SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New CZ P-01 UPDATE: back from CGW
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CZ P-01 UPDATE: back from CGW Login/Join 
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
I am a proud owner of one in SAO, and I have to say I really like it. I will "love" it when it comes back from CZ Custom for its second visit.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So I found one and rectified my mistake. It has the NSN number and is very new production.

True to CZ form the outside looks great. The inside has tool marks and a wicked scratch on the inside dustcover.........yet by God she shoots lights out. First 120 rounds flawless and accurate and the trigger is pretty good better then my first one many years back. Also better is the front grip serations are not nearly as sharp as my first and don’t bother me like my first.

Super happy I have this back in the fold.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one the first year they came out. It was very accurate with a nice sa trigger but the da was of course gritty and a good 13lbs for the pull. I wish I still had it.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Excuse my ignorance but what does the NSN stand for?

Very nice ergonomics and I like the rubber grips as they feel nice but they do make the grip a bit wide. I'm going to try a set of thin G10s to help improve my trigger reach.

DA is very stout! I do love where the decocker is and the way it works.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGIORD:
Excuse my ignorance but what does the NSN stand for?

Very nice ergonomics and I like the rubber grips as they feel nice but they do make the grip a bit wide. I'm going to try a set of thin G10s to help improve my trigger reach.

DA is very stout! I do love where the decocker is and the way it works.

CZ says its NATO classified weapon,therefore NATO stock number.Some debate this as just a marketing ploy.

CZ press =http://cz-usa.com/press-release/cz-p-01-gets-nato-approval-the-next-generation-of-perfect-pistols/

Posts: 101 | Registered: January 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Thanks Smile

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody have any idea when they started bluing the barrels on these? One of mine had an "in the white" finish. Circa 2008.

I cold blued it.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dozerd8:
CZ says its NATO classified weapon,therefore NATO stock number.Some debate this as just a marketing ploy.

CZ press =http://cz-usa.com/press-release/cz-p-01-gets-nato-approval-the-next-generation-of-perfect-pistols/

I am and have been a big huge enormous fan of CZ firearms for at least 24 years and have an early P-01 as well as 11 other CZ firearms.
I somewhat bought into the NSN stuff when I initially purchased the P-01 but have since done enough research to convince me that at best they are probably being a bit disingenuous.

Some things I have noted;
1) NSN 5305-16-000-8619 is conspicuously close to the number on the P-01. This number is for a Screw, however.
2) I cannot find any listing for the NSN number etched on the P-01 pistol. In contrast one can find the NSN number listings for Glock even though CZ claimed the P-01 was the only NATO accepted pistol available to the general public (perhaps the civilian Glocks have minor modifications).
3) When introduced, CZ mentioned the NATO acceptance then quickly shifted gears and mentioned the results of the Police testing. A bit slippery on the description IMO.
4) I have read where the P-01 was originally designed to primarily comply with Czech Police requirements (i.e. not military).
5) I have looked for several years now and cannot find one military that issues the P-01, the SP-01 yes but not the P-01. I would welcome being corrected on this.
6) CZ (USA?) does tend to embellish their marketing. One recent example is the "Cold War Commemorative" CZ-75 (nonsense). The only connection for this pistol is the time frame the 75 was issued as the communist block military did not use the CZ-75 or 9 mm ammo back then, this includes the Czechoslovakian military.

Just several observations I have noted but admittedly have no positive verification.
That stated, the P-01 is IMO an exceptionally good pistol, is quite accurate, has impressive test results for the time period and is in use by many police agencies (primarily foreign).
Just can't completely buy into the marketing they use(d) for it.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackimoe:
Anybody have any idea when they started bluing the barrels on these? One of mine had an "in the white" finish. Circa 2008.

I cold blued it.

When introduced (in the USA) the barrels came with a grayish finish that was not supposed to be removed according to the factory.
I am not certain why (suspect for wear hardening) but many users back then did not get the memo and polished the original finish off.
Mine (barrel stamp appears to be '03) still has the grayish finish.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love mine and don’t shoot it enough. My single action trigger started out rough but smoothed out very nicely in no time. DA always seemed pretty typical, but I like the “extra curved” triggers like the P-01 has because I could never comfortably reach the standard/original CZ75 DA triggers.

Posts: 872 | Registered: October 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Not liking a gun that hurts to shoot, but not really wanting to spend extra money to make it usable, I let it languish in my safe for a while and finally decided to send it to CGW. It arrived back today. I got a reshaped trigger with much less curvature, the accompanying pivot pin, a half-pound lighter trigger return spring, and action polishing. For $25 more the latter was a no-brainer. I didn't opt for the replacement hammer that eliminates the pushback, feeling that that was a point of diminishing returns. The difference is very noticeable in some limited dry-fire. They manufacture the trigger and most of their other parts in-house, and unless you knew better you'd swear it was factory.

Posts: 27914 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I had my LGS install the 85 trigger which has less curve and love that pistol now.

Posts: 2305 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I put 150 rounds through it this evening. Perfect functioning (we knew that already) and comfortable to shoot, no more trigger bite.

Posts: 27914 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post