SIGforum
New CZ P-01 UPDATE: back from CGW

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1800067234

November 05, 2017, 06:16 PM
egregore
New CZ P-01 UPDATE: back from CGW
I picked this up last week and took it out for the first time today. Here are some crummy pictures.

Note the NATO stock number.

I put a little over 200 rounds through it. Although the first few cases ejected tried to bean me, there were no stoppages. Here are a couple of the targets, shot mostly at 3-7 yards, two-handed and one-handed, with a few left-handed (my weak hand), to show what the gun is capable of.

I give it four and a half stars out of five. Why not five? It has somewhat heavy trigger pulls, both in double (unlike my PCR) and single action, typical of this model. In single-action, when pulling the trigger slowly, you can see the hammer actually move back a little before it releases. There is virtually no chance that the hammer will ever fall out of engagement, but "trigger snobs" probably won't like it. I don't care about that, but what I do care about is that the trigger starts to become uncomfortable after about 100 rounds and rubbed a hole in my finger with a flap of skin hanging by the time I was finished. Whether this was because of the shape or contour of the trigger, the pull weight or both, I don't know. Aside from that, for $600 you get a lot of gun for the money. I'll be keeping it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,
November 05, 2017, 06:20 PM
Great gun. Yeah, the typical stock trigger on these CZs is nothing to write home about.

Q

November 05, 2017, 06:52 PM
dozerd8
Nice shooting.Impatiently waiting for one to be delivered from the Cajun place.
November 05, 2017, 07:44 PM
whisky22
Nice purchase. I am contemplating letting my local gunsmith try a trigger job on my P09, or just send to CJW. Trigger has too much creep for me.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks
November 05, 2017, 08:01 PM
JDG
I see it's still oozing oilSmile Nice guns!!
November 05, 2017, 10:30 PM
bcjwriter
I just got one recently after saving for months. Just sent it in to replace the trigger.

November 18, 2017, 08:45 AM
Rocco
What a nice pistol. Very comfortable to shoot and accurate.
November 18, 2017, 08:51 AM
mbinky
Congrats! I had one I had a little trigger work done on, put on VZ grips...then sold it to my buddy for $350 in a bout of "I never shoot this anymore" disease...ugg.

I still look around for another but the price...

I loved the placement of the decocker. Fit me perfectly.
November 18, 2017, 09:10 AM
JGIORD
Nice shooting!

I got one on order Razz
November 18, 2017, 10:58 AM
FN in MT
quote:
Originally posted by dozerd8:
Nice shooting.Impatiently waiting for one to be delivered from the Cajun place.

I just sent a 75B last week. Got the notice it arrived safely. Count me in as another impatient WAITER.

Been windy and cold here, but I took my new PCR out again the other day. Couldn't keep a target up, 30 mph winds. But I did 100 rds of plinking with it, at the quarry.

Going to get rid of the rubber stocks and go with some thinner g-10's. But I surely like it.

Then shot my full sized PO1....what a night and day difference!
November 18, 2017, 01:14 PM
cslinger
I sold one many many years ago. One of my sale regrets I am trying to rectify.

The thing that always amazes me about CZs is they look like crap on the inside but they always run. The oooze a certain charm.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
November 18, 2017, 01:16 PM
FN in MT
Forgot to mention... REALLY like the NSN on the frame.
November 18, 2017, 01:31 PM
cslinger
I thought they ditched the NSN number when they did some parts changes years back. Did they resubmit to testing to get it back?

I kinda dig the NSN too. Stupid but hey I am a hobbyist not a door kicker.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
November 18, 2017, 01:37 PM
bcjwriter
Here's mine...

November 18, 2017, 02:33 PM
mbinky
Mine didn't have the NSN. That's neat. I wonder if it's real? I know the first two segments are.

Real quick:
1005: arms from 1-30mm
16: country code (16 is Czechoslovakia)
Last two sequences are the assigned item number.

Won't find it in Fed Log but it's cool.
November 19, 2017, 06:58 AM
Fredward
One of my all time favorite pistols. CZ Custom does a great trigger job, too, if it bothers you. I find them smooth considerably after a half-case or so.
November 19, 2017, 08:35 AM
pedropcola
I loves me some PO1. My only complaint is the inside rails design does make it harder to rack the slide but that is a minimal complaint. Really doesn't even rise to complaint, more of a nit pick.

CZ makes some of the best shooting guns out there.
November 19, 2017, 09:21 AM
The Viking
Got one and sent it to Cajun Gun Works for action job. Waiting for it to come back. Planning to replace the sights.
I called CZ and asked about shooting steel case ammo in it. They said no problem. Love those guns made in former com - bloc countries, they were made to shoot steel case and work with el cheapo ammo.
November 19, 2017, 03:39 PM
Steve 22X
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I loves me some PO1. My only complaint is the inside rails design does make it harder to rack the slide but that is a minimal complaint. Really doesn't even rise to complaint, more of a nit pick.

CZ makes some of the best shooting guns out there.

Pull the hammer back first.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward
November 19, 2017, 07:14 PM
pedropcola
Nope that would invalidate my man card. Lol