New
Find
Notify
Tools

ArachniGRIP Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted
As arthritis is just starting to creep into my left hand, I'm having more difficulty than before racking the slide of my CZ Shadow 2. I'm aware of the clunky slide rackers that exist - so please don't suggest them.

Instead I ran across what might be an elegant solution, ArachniGRIP's Slide Spider. This skate board/rubber bonded decal comes in a variety of sizes and shapes that specifically match the slide width and grasping grooves for various pistols: Glock, Beretta, Sig and others... including the CZ Shadow 2. With the CZ's low slide height, I think this solution might be just the ticket in assisting with my dilemma but am curious if any SF member has tried them.

Here's the link for those interested:
https://www.arachnigrip.com/st...ide-Spider-c12999691

Any feedback on this company's products would be most appreciated.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Interesting, but I wonder why they don't offer one for a Legacy P229. Those half-height slide serrations are difficult to grip sometimes, and this could be a perfect solution.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
kkina,
Halfway up the second page, under Sig is the P229 option. They also make one for the P229 SAS that’s listed on the same pg.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Oh, very good. The page numbers were too feint for me to see them. Maybe I'll try these out.

They are awful expensive for die-cut skateboard tape, and I wonder how long they'd really last. I know you get 2 per pack.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
At $20 for a set of two, they’re worth a shot. I’ll keep the forum posted on my impressions after I have a chance to use ‘em.

Picture of MoreCowbell
posted Hide Post
I have the archnigrips on a couple of my glocks they really help when my arthritis is acting up.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Perfect!

My Spiderman/DeadPool hybrid Halloween outfit is almost complete.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Sig Pro needs this as the angles machined on its slide make it tricky to grasp. Kind of a gimmick but if it helps and stays put, go for it. Worst case one could stick them on their palms.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I purchased a set for my Glock 26 almost a year ago now, I like it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a set for my P365 and for my Ruger LW Commander.

They look like just what I need.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
Interesting product thanks for the heads up

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my order yesterday for my P365 and Ruger Commander. The price was very reasonable and, most importantly to me, they shipped it quickly.

Plus, it looks like it is so simple even I (who has no mechanical ability and hands that are a real mess from arthritis) can install them (I hope).

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one for my .357 Desert Eagle a few years ago.
Since then I've gotten several more and they work great.

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just got one for the wifes S&W M&P EZ based on this thread. She seems to feel it helps her get a better grip on the slide.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I would like to order some of these slide grips for my pistols.

But the website isn't working for me, I am using an IPad, when I go to the main page, the link stops. I cannot open links to gun manufacturers or any of the products.

I have looked at their FaceBook page and tried to link from there, but the same thing happens.

Update: Link works okay on my smartphone.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Anyone here with any experience after they get real hot from shooting?

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

No, but then again I don’t use one on my HK P7M8

posted Hide Post
So THAT'S what this stuff is and what it's for.

One of our customers transferred in a used Glock with this stuck to its slide. I thought it looked stupid. Didn't really pick up on whether it made slide manipulation any better, primarily because I fixated on how dorky it appears on the gun. I merely thought the previous owner was treating his former G19 in the same way that he might've done up his lunchbox when he was in grade school. My mistake...apparently.

Perusing their website, I guess these don't work particularly well with optics-ready slides, but I suppose that here you can use your RMR as the "augmenting device" for racking the slide...as I keep finding myself doing.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

Never had an issue.

posted Hide Post
On my DE it makes racking the slide easier. On an Compact .45 Model because my hands are so big it gives me something to get a good hold of.