New
Find
Notify
Tools

P938 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
The 938 has a firing pin lock that locks the firing pin in place unless the trigger is pulled.

But the liability angle prevents the suggestion the user attempt to lower the hammer. They must have envisioned rounds going off.

Thanks Rich. How have you been? BTW, I picked up one today. Will let you know how it shoots when I go to range.

Kevin

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Combat Vet:

Thanks Rich. How have you been? BTW, I picked up one today. Will let you know how it shoots when I go to range.

Kevin[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the new gun..........Best wishes and by safe!

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stroonz:

Congrats on the new gun..........Best wishes and by safe!

Thanks Stroonz, just need to get used to cocked and locked.

Kevin

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Combat Vet:
Hi guys, one last question on the P938. How do you Decock it? Do you hold the hammer while pulling the trigger? That’s the only thing that has me worried.

Thanks. Kevin

Safety on
Remove mag
Cycle slide several times to be sure chamber is clear
Safety off
Let hammer down using thumb while pulling the trigger.

As others have noted, the P-938 is not a pistol that should be carried with the hammer down on a loaded chamber.

For me it is either cocked and locked or fully unloaded.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the .22 conversion kit, be advised that when the slide locks open on an empty magazine, it is actually stopping on the magazine body itself. This means that the magazine will not drop free, but has to be stripped out with some force, at which point the slide will slam shut.

Either that or you will have to retract that slide and lock it back -- then the magazine will (or should) drop free.

This is not a big deal for general plinking, but it is if you were thinking of using the .22 conversion for training purposes. It means that your reload procedures with the conversion will be totally different from the ones you would use with the regular 9mm configuration.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post