New
Find
Notify
Tools

P938 Login/Join 
posted
Hi all,
Anyone have experience with this P938
9mm pistol? I have several Sigs but want something I can just put in my pocket without carrying a larger pistol.

Thanks

Kevin

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very happy with mine. Just got the 22 conversion and like that also

Posts: 101 | Registered: July 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timbermart:
I am very happy with mine. Just got the 22 conversion and like that also

Thanks, did not know they made a .22 conversion for it.

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Combat Vet:
Hi all,
9mm pistol?
I am pleased with mine. Certainly "snappier" to shoot, than its bigger brothers like the P228 and P239, but that's the trade-off for smaller size and lighter weight.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I've had a P938SAS for about a year and I really like it. Like it so much I got another for my place in Florida. Since I rarely pack luggage to Florida it is easier to just keep some spares there. I pocket carry most of the time in warm weather. Still like having 17 rounds available but it is A LOT smaller then my P320. It shoots pretty good at reasonably close range for how small it is. Doesn't shoot as nice as any of my other larger Sigs put I can't stuff those in my front pants pocket Smile

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveR2012
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi all,
9mm pistol? I have several Sigs but want something I can just put in my pocket without carrying a larger pistol.

Thanks

Kevin

I have owned a P938 for a couple of years. Had no issues with it whatsoever. Shot any ammo I fed it. Typically I pocket carry in a wallet holster loaded with 124 grain HST's. Yes it is a little snappy, but with the Hogue rubber grips certainly manageable even for an oldster with mild arthritis.
My wife also owns a P238. I bought the P938 based on the ergonomics of her pistol.

Posts: 109 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, just what I wanted to hear. I am a big guy so I don’t think the snap will bother me.

Kevin

posted Hide Post
It shoots like a bigger gun and is one of the smallest 9mm guns out there. When I had one I could easily hid it in my back pocket of my jeans.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Definetly pleased with mine.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi all,

Thanks

Kevin

I've had an Extreme version now for about 3-4yrs and, IMO, it's about the best shooting micro-9 you can pick up. Small, light(altho all metal), and more accurate than it has a right to be. Only problem is that, for me, I don't consider it to be a pocket carry gun, especially with the 7round mag. Too many sharp edges and blocky shape to quickly pull out reliably. It's the perfect IWB carry though and I still have it. For pocket carry, I stepped back to a S&W 640 which pulls from my front pocket like a greased pig. YMMV

Posts: 116 | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
carry mine as a backup everyday on the job. Shoots great for me. Sold my 238 as I wanted to stay with 9mm for everything. Scratches my rounds a bit each time I load, but does not seem to effect function.

Posts: 305 | Location: Chicagoland  | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is fantastic. Try a couple of them in the gun shop since the triggers seems to vary somewhat. Mine is also super accurate.

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi guys, one last question on the P938. How do you Decock it? Do you hold the hammer while pulling the trigger? That’s the only thing that has me worried.

Thanks. Kevin

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Do not decock a loaded 938. You must be comfortable with cocked and locked. Do not lower the hammer on a loaded chamber. Do not do it. Someone will be along shortly to tell you it is okay and how to do it. Do not. The 938 was designed to be carried cocked and locked. Read the owners manual, it will tell you to NOT lower the hammer on a loaded chamber.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Do not decock a loaded 938. You must be comfortable with cocked and locked. Do not lower the hammer on a loaded chamber. Do not do it. Someone will be along shortly to tell you it is okay and how to do it. Do not. The 938 was designed to be carried cocked and locked. Read the owners manual, it will tell you to NOT lower the hammer on a loaded chamber.

Thanks Johnny, forgive the lack of knowledge but I am used to decockers. So, carry cocked and locked. If cleaning gun, etc then I believe you will just rack slide back and eject round?

Kevin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Combat Vet

Thanks Johnny, forgive the lack of knowledge but I am used to decockers. So, carry cocked and locked. If cleaning gun, etc then I believe you will just rack slide back and eject round?

Kevin

I always carry mine cocked and locked but remember before cleaning always drop your mag before racking the slide or else you'll have a round in the chamber.

When you clean a p938 you will find the spring is very tough to replace it has a tendency to wiggle and bend....... I bought a 1/16 in dowel in Walmart and cut a 5" piece which fits perfectly into the hole under the barrel. This holds the spring straight and makes replacing it a breeze even for old hands like mine.
Buy the 938 with confidence. It is a terrific gun. I've had mine for 4 years now and it's been flawless!

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The 938 has a firing pin lock that locks the firing pin in place unless the trigger is pulled.

But the liability angle prevents the suggestion the user attempt to lower the hammer. They must have envisioned rounds going off.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I don't shoot P938 as well as I shoot P229, but that doesn't change that I like it a lot. It's about to take the place of LCP as easy-carry gun.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveR2012
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stroonz:
quote:
Originally posted by Combat Vet

Kevin

I always carry mine cocked and locked but remember before cleaning always drop your mag before racking the slide or else you'll have a round in the chamber.

When you clean a p938 you will find the spring is very tough to replace it has a tendency to wiggle and bend....... I bought a 1/16 in dowel in Walmart and cut a 5" piece which fits perfectly into the hole under the barrel. This holds the spring straight and makes replacing it a breeze even for old hands like mine.
Buy the 938 with confidence. It is a terrific gun. I've had mine for 4 years now and it's been flawless!

I second what Stroonz said.

Posts: 109 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post