SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Magnifying Optic Ruger 22/45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magnifying Optic Ruger 22/45 Login/Join 
posted
I am thinking of buying the 2nd Ruger 22/45 Lite and putting a telescopic sight, magnifying optic, on it. Already have one with a red dot and I really enjoy shooting it. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I've never developed enough steadiness to take meaningful advantage of even lower power optic glass scopes. If I'm using bench rest or bipod with a handgun/glass it might work for me, but afoot in the field or standing unbraced is an exercise in frustration.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
I've never developed enough steadiness to take meaningful advantage of even lower power optic glass scopes. If I'm using bench rest or bipod with a handgun/glass it might work for me, but afoot in the field or standing unbraced is an exercise in frustration.

Wo interesting response Signewt. I never used one but see them at the range often. I imagine that use on a rifle with a stock produces enough steadyness?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post