SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Magazine availability question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Magazine availability question Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
So I just got a new CZ PCR and it comes with 2 14-round mags with thicker polymer base pads, and that’s all great and dandy though I do like the look of the steel flat baseplate mags from years back. Anybody know where I can find an older magazine with the metal base pad? Or maybe just a basepad that I can swap out on one of my mags that I have?

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
https://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php
Good people, great service.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I've never had any trouble getting CZ mags or parts from Greg Cote. Mags made by Mec-Gar have these thin flat steel baseplates already on them, work just fine, and are quite a bit cheaper than factory. The corners are sharp and tend to dig in and poke your side, however.

Posts: 27944 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
My P01 wears thin grips and flat steel mags. It’s shocking how small of a pistol those two things make.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Found this online. It’s a new 15 rounder for the compact. Do the compact, P-01, and PCR share the same mags?

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Yes, all the same. Compact, PCR, P-01.

Greg sells the flat base plate and locking tab that may work for you.

The Mec-Gars usually have a plastic floor plate, that helps them get 15 instead of 14 in the mag. Also, they are only $25 or so from Greg.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Ok cool thanks. I figured it would be weird to have a bunch of different magazines for such similar guns.

I called him and he didn’t have the mag I needed. I asked about the baseplate and he didn’t think it would work with my poly baseplate mags. Super nice guy and informative though.