SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Ruger LCP II in .22lr
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ruger LCP II in .22lr Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I will buy one, like Rhino said, after the initial recall and when the price drops. No way I'm paying 300 bucks for that plastic gun. LCP version ones are going for way less and so will these. And they will sell a ton. If they work. And make a threaded barrel one.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
The one thing Rugar does well is market research and diversifying their offerings. I high doubt they just made this on a whim.

While it may not fit your requirements, I'm sure Ruger will sell plenty of these, as not everyone is up to shooting a 9MM / 380 micro pistol, and a well placed 22LR has been killing people since it was invented. Granted, not cool or marginally effective by todays standards, but I doubt it anyone will volunteer to be shot by a 22LR pistol.

It wouldn't remotely replace my Beretta 87 and I really have no need for one, but I'll see how its doing in a year or so after the semi-manditory Ruger recall.

I agree, I'm sure Ruger found a niche and is aiming for it.

My wife is going to get her LTC in the next month and we are looking at a Sig 365 for her. But I do know she is also interested in a micro semi auto as a 2nd gun and she hates my LCP, she could barely hit paper with it at 7 yards, unlike the rented 365 she tried, or her G26 in her nightstand.

This new LCP might be the thing for her as a backup carry gun.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
And make a threaded barrel one.
Big Grin Big Grin Yes, hopefully they will to go with my micro HTA can.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see if this Ruger LCP II .22lr feeds and ejects without issues. I had my go with older Beretta 21a and the 950 and some had feeding issues with ammo other than CCI stinger.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'd be tempted to pick one up.
I don't like these two-piece triggers, though. Is there a suitable method for replacing that?

God bless America.

Posts: 13493 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a number of small .22 pistols, and still have several. One of the reasons these guns sometimes misfire is the quality of the ammo. Most cheap 22 stuff is machine primed. Ammo such as Eley Tenex competition ammo is hand-primed, and WILL go bang if the primer is struck. Also, pocket pistols often get dirty when carried. Any pocket carried gun should be cleaned and inspected weekly to ensure function. And, IMHO, the 22 LR is a better defensive cartridge than the 25 auto.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is everyone's LCP 22 been doing for you all ??? Any updates ??? God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sold mine after one trip to the range. It worked fine, but the gun was totally inaccurate, even when shooting close up, and the sights were worthless. I guess I am not liking mouse guns. The beretta 21a looks nice, however.

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has been great. I've got about 600 rounds through it with no malfs. I've had some dud ammo, maybe 8 rounds, that I loaded in one mag and they all off fine the second time. Keeping it clean is paramount IMO. I clean mine every 60-70 rounds.

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian87:
Sold mine after one trip to the range. It worked fine, but the gun was totally inaccurate, even when shooting close up, and the sights were worthless. I guess I am not liking mouse guns. The beretta 21a looks nice, however.

My 21A wasn't reliable. I'd never buy another.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea, Beretta 21a’s aren’t known for being sewing machine reliable. I have 2 and they are finicky. One way more than the other. I love the IDEA of the Bobcat not necessarily the actual Bobcat. Buy a Beretta 87 instead.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's weird the different experiences we make. My Beretta 21A was totally reliable! That little thing never jammed and I shot it quite a bit. I lost interest in it and sold it after a few years. Should've kept that one.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would kill for a reliable 21a. Lol

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I would kill for a reliable 21a. Lol

Me too. I love the concept with the tip up barrel, but once was enough for me.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a 21 in 1985, and have had no malfunctions with it after several thousand rounds. I bought another two months ago, and have put several hundred rounds thru it. It has a TB, I haven't tried the suppressor yet. I'll likely buy the LCP, just for giggles. If it doesn't work, Ruger will make it right.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Some of us have good days, and bad days, with our hands.

Even on my bad days, I can still handle my air weight S&W 22 revolver.

Truthfully, if the round is reliable, and can penetrate deep enough, everything else gets a bit statistically insignificant.

(And it wouldn’t matter in my case. - I have a couple of other revolvers which work on bad hand days, but are difficult to hold.)

Posts: 5734 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post