SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Long slide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Long slide Login/Join 
posted
Will there ever be a P320 long slide akin to the 17L?

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I think the longest you will see is the P320 X-Five @ 5".

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hope springs eternal. The slide would have to be balanced for each chambering, though, wouldn't it?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my 17L and 34 eat whatever I feed them. I can't Sig having unique issues

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I understand, but if you look at the 17L slide it's had some metal excised to get the slide to the correct weight. My WAG would also be that the location of the excision has an effect to some degree or another. My theory was therefore that a 6" 320 would have more metal taken out of the slide than a comparable 320 in either .40 or 357SIG - if SIG ever made such a beast.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I miss my 34. A little. Long slides look better to me.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I understand, but if you look at the 17L slide it's had some metal excised to get the slide to the correct weight. My WAG would also be that the location of the excision has an effect to some degree or another. My theory was therefore that a 6" 320 would have more metal taken out of the slide than a comparable 320 in either .40 or 357SIG - if SIG ever made such a beast.

Ok, that I understand. I may have underestimated the level of effort given the proliferation of Glock after market slides of various lengths. Anyhow, I hope someone comes up with it for the P320.