SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Moon Clip loader
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moon Clip loader Login/Join 
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Not to sidetrack this thread but I like your taste in 625's.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That B.M.T. mooner is one slick looking gadget, now I want a Smith 625.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54466 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Timely post to read-up on. I have a 625 “Mountain Gun” in .45 ACP arriving soon.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
What Moon clip do you guys prefer? Updated with response to 9MM. 45 ACP 625 Smith. Thanks.

Posts: 815 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Citadel:
What Moon clip do you guys prefer?

It depends a bit on which cartridge you're asking them to retain and which brand of cases you're using.

Also makes a difference if you're going to use them for competition or just casual plinking.

Much less important with .45ACP than 9mm. Much more important if you're using them for .38Spl

TK Custom is pretty much the Gold Standard. For my 625, I've had good luck with the moonclips from Revolver Supply Company

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14169 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Timely post to read-up on. I have a 625 “Mountain Gun” in .45 ACP arriving soon.

Nice! I stupidly sold a blued 4" in 45 Colt a few years ago.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go here and get these. No more sore fingers or tools to work with. They are the best thing I have ever done for my 625 and yes, I owned a BMT Mooner.

https://www.ezmoonclip.com/

Posts: 1088 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I use the "Moonsetter" to load mine and a tool I bought from Brownells to de-moon them. the De-mooner looks like a screwdriver.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post