SIGforum
Moon Clip loader

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1770062074

May 18, 2020, 12:58 AM
Delta-3
Moon Clip loader
Not to sidetrack this thread but I like your taste in 625's.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
May 18, 2020, 07:45 AM
bendable
That B.M.T. mooner is one slick looking gadget, now I want a Smith 625.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
May 19, 2020, 12:24 PM
TheFrontRange
Timely post to read-up on. I have a 625 “Mountain Gun” in .45 ACP arriving soon.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
May 20, 2020, 03:42 PM
Citadel
What Moon clip do you guys prefer? Updated with response to 9MM. 45 ACP 625 Smith. Thanks.
May 20, 2020, 04:09 PM
9mmepiphany
quote:
Originally posted by Citadel:
What Moon clip do you guys prefer?

It depends a bit on which cartridge you're asking them to retain and which brand of cases you're using.

Also makes a difference if you're going to use them for competition or just casual plinking.

Much less important with .45ACP than 9mm. Much more important if you're using them for .38Spl

TK Custom is pretty much the Gold Standard. For my 625, I've had good luck with the moonclips from Revolver Supply Company

No, Daoism isn't a religion

May 20, 2020, 05:20 PM
Delta-3
quote:
Timely post to read-up on. I have a 625 “Mountain Gun” in .45 ACP arriving soon.

Nice! I stupidly sold a blued 4" in 45 Colt a few years ago.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
May 20, 2020, 09:03 PM
usncorpsman
Go here and get these. No more sore fingers or tools to work with. They are the best thing I have ever done for my 625 and yes, I owned a BMT Mooner.

https://www.ezmoonclip.com/
May 21, 2020, 01:27 PM
Rolan_Kraps
I use the "Moonsetter" to load mine and a tool I bought from Brownells to de-moon them. the De-mooner looks like a screwdriver.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home