SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Held a German sweetheart the other day
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Held a German sweetheart the other day Login/Join 
Picture of giz55792
posted
I was at one of the gun stores in town and noticed they had an HK VP9 in the case. So, I asked to see it and fell in love. grips felt nice, the trigger was unbelievably nice and was well balanced, plus it had night sights and came with 3 mags. I debated whether or not I should put it on layaway or order the VP40 because I want a 40 S&W.

Then the guy behind the counter started bashing the 40 and going on about how Glock was a better gun. OK, thanks. Stop by the store I buy my guns at and ask what a VP40 w/night sight will cost. He shops around, $635. He starts talking about how well made HK is and that they are quality guns and he'll order it for me when I'm ready. Think I'll be stopping in there over the weekend and place the order.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Polymer and sweetheart don't belong in the same sentence. Razz

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Now,That IS funny, and for the record, I have samples of both blued and walnut, and polymer and polymer! One of these days, I'm going to take a really nice pictured of my Swatch next to one of my Glocks, similar to the guys who show off their Rolexes next to their "insert expensive gun brand here" guns.

The VP is a nice gun.

Cheers

Posts: 92 | Location: Mid-Atlantic US | Registered: August 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Dang, do people get all mushy over tools...

Yeah I know that when the hand grasps and uses the perfect hand tool that there's few words that can properly describe just how right it feels, but even so I'm not one to suddenly have the urge to take it out for a date...unless that date is to finally finish framing that @!!*#& shed roof that's been loitering on my blasted honey-do list.

I showed a VP to a customer today, one looking for his first handgun. After previously handling the customary Glock, M&P, CZ, SIG, etc., the goofy look that actually came over his face with his first caress and grasp...ye gads! It's a frickin' gun, not a damn sex toy! Kids...

The VPs are by and large good shooters. The recoil of the 40S&W however is more than I had expected, particularly compared with my Gen4 G23s that make up my entire carry rotation and with the relative heavy weight of the VP40 slide. With live fire I'm noticeably slower to recover on followups than I am with my EDC Glock. I suppose with more practice and range time I'd get better. Buy why would I want to, since I'm already THERE with my G23s? Consequently I don't have much desire or purpose to shoot it regularly, and I've been mulling over its deletion from my cadre of handguns. Chalked up as a failure for me. However my VP9 continues to be one of my favorite pistols to shoot and regularly gets exercised as a result. Both guns have very good triggers for strikers, but just don't share in the same kind of enthusiasm I reserve for strikers. YMMV. Just don't tell me that you took yours dancing, or some such. Razz

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:

Since you can actually buy a polymer sweetheart these days, oh, never mind......... Wink

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Dang, do people get all mushy over tools...

Yeah I know that when the hand grasps and uses the perfect hand tool that there's few words that can properly describe just how right it feels, but even so I'm not one to suddenly have the urge to take it out for a date...unless that date is to finally finish framing that @!!*#& shed roof that's been loitering on my blasted honey-do list.

I showed a VP to a customer today, one looking for his first handgun. After previously handling the customary Glock, M&P, CZ, SIG, etc., the goofy look that actually came over his face with his first caress and grasp...ye gads! It's a frickin' gun, not a damn sex toy! Kids...

The VPs are by and large good shooters. The recoil of the 40S&W however is more than I had expected, particularly compared with my Gen4 G23s that make up my entire carry rotation and with the relative heavy weight of the VP40 slide. With live fire I'm noticeably slower to recover on followups than I am with my EDC Glock. I suppose with more practice and range time I'd get better. Buy why would I want to, since I'm already THERE with my G23s? Consequently I don't have much desire or purpose to shoot it regularly, and I've been mulling over its deletion from my cadre of handguns. Chalked up as a failure for me. However my VP9 continues to be one of my favorite pistols to shoot and regularly gets exercised as a result. Both guns have very good triggers for strikers, but just don't share in the same kind of enthusiasm I reserve for strikers. YMMV. Just don't tell me that you took yours dancing, or some such. Razz

Are you pissy? Don't be like that. It's going to be ok.

Posts: 2957 | Location: NM | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
quote:

Unfortunately they don't make striker fired guns with metal frames for some reason. Don't get me wrong, I like the good ol' DA/SA guns, it's just I shoot strikers better.

If it makes you feel better Q, I've also got my eye on a used 229 that's LNIB. I haven't ordered the gun yet, but an HK has been on the wish list for a long time.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got my VP9 today from Grabagun... a couple weeks ago they had a deal for 460 shipped..took a couple weeks to get it but I wasn't in a rush and at that price I had to get one. Especially with the additional 4 mag promo right now...

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:

Affirm. Cool

Posts: 799 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by giz55792:
Unfortunately they don't make striker fired guns with metal frames for some reason.
No longer made, but there are plenty of them around: H&K P7. Metal frame, striker fired.

I had a Walther P99, I cannot remember whether it was metal or plastic.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Angela Merkel? Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who wants .40 anyway?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P99, in 40, is polymer.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gun store guys can't help it. I asked if they were getting the APX and one guy goes on and on about how it is a copy of the Canik. I politely said that he might be confused. He started arguing, finally I asked him what part of the Beretta chassis was copied from the other gun. Silence. Gets on computer, "I'll find it for you". Never heard from him again.

If you think every tool is just another hammer then one, you aren't a craftsman and two you probably are a hack to boot.

We aren't talking 5 dollar Chinese pocket knives. It should be ok to enjoy your 500+ dollar tool purchase. Sheesh.

Disdain for your customer is bad form unless he is being an asshole, which he wasn't.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Who wants .40 anyway?

Me... Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by giz55792:
quote:

Unfortunately they don't make striker fired guns with metal frames for some reason. Don't get me wrong, I like the good ol' DA/SA guns, it's just I shoot strikers better.

If it makes you feel better Q, I've also got my eye on a used 229 that's LNIB. I haven't ordered the gun yet, but an HK has been on the wish list for a long time.

The Kahr K series is striker fired and all metal.

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a VP pistol and think the grip on it and the P30 is the most comfortable one out there,in my opinion. HK nailed the perfect grip with the panels and back strap. The only problem I had was the mag. release would rub my finger raw after shooting it. It is just too high for me. I wish they would have used the release like the USP line.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
There is only one German sweetheart and her name is P228.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Side note, I just received my 4 free VP9 mags today for the HK promo. Big Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Marzy, I like her little sister P225 about as well.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post