SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 75. Why did I wait so long?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75. Why did I wait so long? Login/Join 
The Constable
posted
I've been aware of the CZ 75's for years. Read Jeff Coopers writings for years and he felt they were quite the pistol. This coming from a true 9mm hater too.

Simply never had the chance to fire one or really felt the need to.

Plus here in Montana they are not exactly on every LGS shelf like Ruger's, or SIG's. Only one Dealer ever had an assortment and he's 140+ miles away.

Recently I decided I needed a different pistol to keep in my Man bag in my vehicles. I keep some ID, extra cash, Leatherman, a few meds, etc. As well as a pistol and a few mags in the bag and take it with me wherever I travel.

I had one of my 229's in there but hated to leave a "good" pistol in there should it ever, God forbid...Get stolen.

So decided to look at CZ 75's as they are relatively cheap, have a reputation for toughness and reliability. I found a deal on a NIB 75B last week so snagged it.

Took it out yesterday and ran a hundred rds of ball through it. Man but was I EVER surprised! The first thing that struck me was how LIGHT the recoil was and how SMOOTH the slide ran back and forth. The grip feels like a BHP to me...another plus as I love Highpowers.

It was perfectly regulated for 124 gr ball ammo , shot right to my POA. And ACCURATE as well.

I was surprised too , by the small groups I was able to print out to 25 yds. This thing IS a shooter!

I can see why there are so many CZ Fan Boys out there.

No doubt about it, I love my 1911's, My SIG's, BHP's and a host of others. But the CZ's are certainly worth a hard look.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
I'm in a similar boat.

I just recently went to the P-07 variant, and so far, it beats out my West German P-226 for accuracy and ease of carry.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 616 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are great reliable guns. They used to be very inexpensive but it seems the popularity has caught up.

I prefer the metal guns but the poly guns are great shooters too. I'm slowly adding CZ's and subtracting some Sigs from the collection.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
I've been aware of the CZ 75's for years. Read Jeff Coopers writings for years and he felt they were quite the pistol. This coming from a true 9mm hater too.

Simply never had the chance to fire one or really felt the need to.

Plus here in Montana they are not exactly on every LGS shelf like Ruger's, or SIG's. Only one Dealer ever had an assortment and he's 140+ miles away.

Recently I decided I needed a different pistol to keep in my Man bag in my vehicles. I keep some ID, extra cash, Leatherman, a few meds, etc. As well as a pistol and a few mags in the bag and take it with me wherever I travel.

I had one of my 229's in there but hated to leave a "good" pistol in there should it ever, God forbid...Get stolen.

So decided to look at CZ 75's as they are relatively cheap, have a reputation for toughness and reliability. I found a deal on a NIB 75B last week so snagged it.

Took it out yesterday and ran a hundred rds of ball through it. Man but was I EVER surprised! The first thing that struck me was how LIGHT the recoil was and how SMOOTH the slide ran back and forth. The grip feels like a BHP to me...another plus as I love Highpowers.

It was perfectly regulated for 124 gr ball ammo , shot right to my POA. And ACCURATE as well.

I was surprised too , by the small groups I was able to print out to 25 yds. This thing IS a shooter!

I can see why there are so many CZ Fan Boys out there.

No doubt about it, I love my 1911's, My SIG's, BHP's and a host of others. But the CZ's are certainly worth a hard look.

Get a trigger job (hammer, springs, disconnector and polish) on them and they are simply "heaven".

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a P01 and right out of the box I can shoot it as well as my P320s which I've put a combine total of about ten thousand rounds through, so I was very pleased about that. It's my first CZ and I plan to get more.

But I think I am experiencing trigger slap or is it trigger sting? I've had quite a few different guns and never experienced this before. From the first shot my trigger finger hurts a bit and after 150 rounds yesterday, two range sessions, my finger was a bit sore for a few hours afterwards.

I'm going to the range again this morning for another hundred rounds, and I suppose if this continues I may end up selling it and trying a different CZ because I'm really liking it otherwise.

CZ P10C and HK VP9 SK - Go Bucks!

Posts: 54 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I agree--CZ's are very nice.
I have a CZ dealer close by--great selection and custom shop pistols.
https://czcustom.com/new-firea...pistols-custom.html/
Rifles are also nice but $$. CZ455 Tacticool
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-4...lack-laminate-stock/

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
I'be got a CZ75B and love it. It's everything you said.

If you want to carry a CZ, I recommend buying a "D" variant. Instead of a safety, it has a decocking lever. With some experience, you will find that the safety on most CZ pattern guns is not quite as reliable as that on a 1911.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
This sight Cajun Gun Works has some really nice drop in trigger kits, plus lots of other CZ aftermarket goodies.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1736 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. I have the plain 75B and it is everyone's favorite at the range. The all steel from makes it sink into your hand and is very reassuring indeed!

Speaking of Cajun, I've added a lot of inexpensive but effective Cajun parts with total success. Tinkering with a CZ is very easy; something I will not attempt on a Sig.

Posts: 1396 | Location: King of Prussia PA | Registered: September 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I've been addicted for the past decade. Not the best triggers for staging but damn do they shoot good regardless. The Custom Shop guns are exceptionally great.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keeotee:
I just got a P01 and right out of the box I can shoot it as well as my P320s which I've put a combine total of about ten thousand rounds through, so I was very pleased about that. It's my first CZ and I plan to get more.

But I think I am experiencing trigger slap or is it trigger sting? I've had quite a few different guns and never experienced this before. From the first shot my trigger finger hurts a bit and after 150 rounds yesterday, two range sessions, my finger was a bit sore for a few hours afterwards.

I'm going to the range again this morning for another hundred rounds, and I suppose if this continues I may end up selling it and trying a different CZ because I'm really liking it otherwise.

I am not a fan of the stock trigger in most factory CZs. You can replace the stock trigger with the CZ85 Combat trigger and that may help as it is not so curved. If you replace the trigger be sure to but in the better TRS also.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/85c/

https://cajungunworks.com/prod...igger-return-spring/

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
I agree--CZ's are very nice.
I have a CZ dealer close by--great selection and custom shop pistols.
https://czcustom.com/new-firea...pistols-custom.html/
Rifles are also nice but $$. CZ455 Tacticool
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-4...lack-laminate-stock/

I've had a few of their rifles and sighted in several others. Still have a 455 in .17 hmr. I like the feel of old time, wood and steel.

Had a 9.3x62 a dozen years back. Worked great, very accurate but already had a few medium bores, so sold it. Also worked on a .416 Rigby for a friend who was headed to Zim for buffalo.
Sighted it in, worked up some handloads, etc.

They surely build some nice rifles, especially their big bore bolt guns.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:

Read about that issue on the CZ Forums. Cajun does a replacement trigger or simply use the CZ 85 trigger. Should fix the problem. I have the same issue with my little Glock 42 for some reason.

posted Hide Post
If you want a cheap truck gun, SAR makes a version that goes for about 250, and takes the same magazines. The quality is on par with CZ, the finish is not. Also, if you get a chance, check out the CZ 97. It's a little large, but it's in .45 ACP.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:

I am not a fan of the stock trigger in most factory CZs. You can replace the stock trigger with the CZ85 Combat trigger and that may help as it is not so curved. If you replace the trigger be sure to but in the better TRS also.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/85c/

https://cajungunworks.com/prod...igger-return-spring/

I may look into that. Thank you for the links and info.

Posts: 54 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
quote:

Read about that issue on the CZ Forums. Cajun does a replacement trigger or simply use the CZ 85 trigger. Should fix the problem. I have the same issue with my little Glock 42 for some reason.

Id really like to know what causes it. The shape of the trigger seems fine to me. Strange.

posted Hide Post
quote:

I had the exact same problem with my 75B. Something about the geometry of that trigger would dig into my nail bed. 100 rounds was all I could stand. I checked out this post:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=40238.0

I followed his advice and purchased a CZ 97 trigger. I didn't do the extra curving that the author did, but I did polish and dehorn it. Easy install if you have some simple armorer skills. It instantly solved my problem and now it's one of my favorite shooting pistols.

Posts: 32 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Do not, I repeat Do Not go to Cajun Gun Works' website! Their awesome work and super customer service will drain your wallet and fast. I currently own a P01 that was bought new (came from CGW modified). It's a tack driver. I also have one of the gray SP-01 tacticals and a Rami I just found recently. All of mine are the decocker version... just like a P229, no external safeties. They are fantastic firearms.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I got my first CZ75 about April I think. Now I have 3. First 2 were surplus guns that I hopped up with CGW parts and then I could not resist a Shadow 2. I need a compact. I waiting for more surplus compacts to come along

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I think it's pissing me off that more and more folks are finding out what great guns the CZ pistols are. Makes the prices go up. Mad
Especially with the custom guns. Look at the Protek series. Was just around $1600 3-4 years ago, then $1750 a year or two ago. And now, it's over $2k, as listed on CZ Custom. Eek

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post