SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 75. Why did I wait so long?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75. Why did I wait so long? Login/Join 
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I got my first CZ75 about April I think. Now I have 3. First 2 were surplus guns that I hopped up with CGW parts and then I could not resist a Shadow 2. I need a compact. I waiting for more surplus compacts to come along

I see that Buds had some surplus guns, same for Interarms. I'd like to get a decent gun, add a few upgrades, then parkerize and THAT can be my car gun. Any other places to look for a good donor 75?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Fired my first 75 almost 20 years ago, it was like a laser. Bought a heavily used one last year, it still shot very well but for daily use it was too thick for my hands...especially in DA.

Went back to my BHP

Great pistols....and their rifles are my favorite, I have a 416 that will one day be done, can't wait to see...and feel what 400gr feels like out of a 21" barrel.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I refer to my CZ pistols as my Rabbit Collection.

After my first I purchased five more in less than a year !

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'm officially announcing this thread useless from here on without pics! My family:

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Hey Dry-Fly, what is the story on the white one? I have some Artic White Cerakot that I have had some.ideas of what to do with.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
I think it's Urban Gray! It does look good!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ace73:
I think it's Urban Gray! It does look good!

Exactly. CZ's "tactical" P-01 and SP-01 are available in black and urban gray. I've seen some that were called tactical FDE also IIRC, but I'm not sure if that is a factory color or not.

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Righto, kind of looks white in the photo. When I get a chance I want to get more surplus CZ75s and create one for each vehicle in my household. I have the idea of doing one in snow camo!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Righto, kind of looks white in the photo. When I get a chance I want to get more surplus CZ75s and create one for each vehicle in my household. I have the idea of doing one in snow camo!

It's definitely washed out in the photo. In real life it's gray, but looks like there's just a touch of FDE mixed in...it's not just straight up gray.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I'm very pleased with my CZs and the work done on them by Cajun Gun Works. They take a good pistol and make it great for a very reasonable price!!! My "Cajonized" PCR (Alloy) and CZ75 Compact (Steel frame):

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
And the slide down the slippery slope begins....

Ordered some parts today; New sights, some spare mags and a set of LOK-grips.

Now to find a kydex holster.

But the BIG one...The search is on for a Shadow 2.

FN in MT

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Next you will need a Kadet or a Kadet conversion.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I'm very pleased with my CZs and the work done on them by Cajun Gun Works. They take a good pistol and make it great for a very reasonable price!!! My "Cajonized" PCR (Alloy) and CZ75 Compact (Steel frame):

Couldn't agree more. Looks like the PCR had the Pro Package, and the Compact had the Defensive Package? Imo, the reach reduction is almost a must on a CZ pistol, because the DA is soooooo loooong....

This one is by CGW, with the Pro Package.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This one is by CZ Custom.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sunkist
posted Hide Post
I found CZ's when I searched for a SAO in .40 for under $1000. I now have five different versions of the 75B. It is a slippery slope but I don't regret slipping over the edge.
75B SAO .40
75B SAO 9MM
75B DA/SA .40
75B DA/SA 9mm
75D Compact PCR 9mm

"In The Land of the Blind, the One-Eyed Man is King."

Posts: 161 | Location: North Central Minnesota | Registered: January 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I am saving up for one as well. I'm eyeing a P01 or a 75D PCR...

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
This one is by CZ Custom.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I've caught the CZ bug. I now want the P07, the P10C and I'd like one or two more after those.

CZ P10C and HK VP9 SK - Go Bucks!

Posts: 54 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Yesterday the Mailman dropped off a few enveloped with some new CZ parts.

Added a set of LOK , palm swell G10 stocks in OD/Blk. They make an already workable grip into an even better one.

And from the CZ parts bin , their target rear and a fiber optic 6.5 mm frt sight. Wish I could say THAT install went smoothly as it didn't. No huge deal, just a little "fitting required". Had to drill the hole in the frt sight larger to accommodate the frt sight pin.

Luckily I had a .075" bit.

I DO like the new sight picture....worth the hour worth of back and forth between the shop and basement to do the install.

Meanwhile....the search continues for a Shadow 2.

FN in MT

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Meanwhile....the search continues for a Shadow 2.

FN in MT

Search? There are plenty of them around.

Q