SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 75. Why did I wait so long?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75. Why did I wait so long? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The CZ75 was on my short list when buying my first gun. Ended up getting a P6 trade in from Bud's instead. I did finally get the CZ though. Came in yesterday and I got the Kadet kit for it too. Can't wait to shoot it. Big Grin

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeSig
posted Hide Post
Aarrrgghh - I've been outted by Ersatzknarf!

Yes - Son in Law & I took a road trip to Top Gun. 2 RAMI BD's found new homes....

Had it to the range only one time but 300 or so rounds through it. Double action pull pretty brisk / SA pull is sweet. Bought the Cajun Gun Works trigger kit for it, but been tied up with other diversions to get time to install.

Going to range with my wife in two weeks [she says...] thinking now is not a good time to misbehave]. Maybe by then I'll have the kit installed.

RAMI's hard to find in my general location, If wife likes the new trigger set-up, I'm in trouble, What's hers is hers, and what's mine is hers...

CZ's are now the rage just about anywhere I read...

JoeSig

Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria, Sola Scriptura

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: October 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here's one of mine. A CZ75 Compact in the discontinued high polish blue finish. Proofed 1999

Overexposed a bit to show the finish.

Posts: 107259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

Aarrrgghh - I've been outted by Ersatzknarf!

Awww, harsh man, harsh Wink

quote:

CZ's are now the rage just about anywhere I read...

Unfortunately, ain't that the truth Frown

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I think there are still a lot of us who crave all STEEL, traditional pistols. Hence the CZ popularity.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
I think there are still a lot of us who crave all STEEL, traditional pistols. Hence the CZ popularity.

Steel = CZ and SIG
Plastic = Glock, and maybe M&P 2.0

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I like my all steel CZ75 compact, but I love my alloy frame PCR. The difference for carrying is quite noticeable, but both are comfortable shooters in 9mm. If I could only have one, I'd go with the PCR.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting. Am quite interested in the PCR Smile

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Thank you for posting. Am quite interested in the PCR Smile

FWIW: My PCR was a very accurate shooter out of the box, but (for my eyes) the OEM sights were just too small for rapid acquisition. The action and trigger were okay, but the work by Cajun Gun Works for their Defensive Carry Package really put this pistol in a whole new class for me. IMHO, sending the pistol to them for the work is well worth the price and a relatively short wait.

https://cajungunworks.com/prod...ategory/cz-p-01-pcr/

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for the information Smile

The 75BD is such a pleasure to shoot, it's hard to imagine that it can be improved, although several folks have assured me CGW can make it happen.

However, what you're saying is making the PCR all the more interesting, especially when there is a shop like CGW to take it to "another level."

Well, try as I might to just be satisfied, now have gone and found another one to seek out and enjoy Wink

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If you think the stock CZ is a pleasure to shoot, then wait until CGW puts the Pro Package in your gun. Cool

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
If you think the stock CZ is a pleasure to shoot, then wait until CGW puts the Pro Package in your gun. Cool

I just got mine back from CGW last night!
I'll do a range report soon!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Just put my hands on a SP-01 here in Cali (thankfully in our approved list...). MUST HAVE...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ace73:

Congrats and PLEASE ! Big Grin

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ace73:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

I'm looking forward to your report. Congrats!

Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Finally got mine!

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Some of my family. The SP01 Tactical is one solid piece of steel. Tack driver with best out of box trigger I have owned CZ wise.

Kadet kit is some of the best money I have ever spent. Twice. It’s that good.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Nice !
We have similar tastes.

I have become a CZ fan boy. Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Since my initial post regarding my recently purchased CZ 75, I have also picked up an SP01 and a Shadow 2. Loving all three of them.

I'm in line over at Cajun Gun works, should be getting a notification within a few weeks to send them one of them. My new issue...WHICH one to send out for a make over?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post