SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 75. Why did I wait so long?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75. Why did I wait so long? Login/Join 
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Yesterday my Shadow 2 came in. CZ #2, in as many weeks.

Found a blk/blk gun on Gunbroker. The first impression I got while unboxing; Man! This thing is a TANK. At 46 ounces it IS substantial! God but I love an all steel pistol.

Range day tomorrow or Monday.....I will post a few pics.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

Found a blk/blk gun on Gunbroker. The first impression I got while unboxing; Man! This thing is a TANK. At 46 ounces it IS substantial! God but I love an all steel pistol.

Did you get one with CZ Custom tuned trigger, or just the stock one?

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the CZ. I am personally opposed to leaving a gun in a bag, in a vehicle, ever. But I'm in CA where everything gets stolen every day, especially via car break-ins.

Posts: 143 | Location: Newnan GA | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Here's a pic of my P01 compared to my G19. It's a gem and is almost as thin as a 1911 with the g10 grips.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
This one is by CZ Custom.

Okay, Dr. OR, that thar is dead sexy Big Grin

I love my 75 BD. It was my friend Warhorse who insisted on my holding one and it was then and there all over for me Wink

Agree with everyone about how well a CZ fits in the hand and how slender they are. There is a DAO version and if someone like CGW could make that like a DAK, it might just be perfect . . . Cool

Jeepers, these pistoles are indeed addictive. It's probably *almost* a good thing that they're unicorn-like around here. (doesn't mean won't keep eyes open!)

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
Better late than never on getting a CZ of one flavor or another.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Did you get one with CZ Custom tuned trigger, or just the stock one?

I had a hard enough time finding ANY Shadow 2, much less a tuned one. I was happy to find even a standard one.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I ran into a buddy I used to do gun show's with years ago, he had opened a shop and said it wasn't worth it to him to shut down the shop and even go to a local show where he didn't have to pay for a motel and restaurants for for 2 days plus paying $65 to $85 for a table ... and he typically had 3-4 tables so expenses could get high ...

Anyway I told him I was kinda in the market for a nice 229, he said he had one and to come on down and take a look ... so I did.

Unfortunately when I got there this Two-Tone CZ 75TS jumped up and said "Look at ME" ... and after that it was all I could see.
I forgot all about the 229 and left empty handed as I just couldn't drop that kind of cash on a pistol ... but it is so sweet. Out of the box set up to shoot the "stock" class. Single action, flat blade trigger, it comes with its own snap caps, two different contour additional sets of safety's and bolt releases and an additional extractor ... My buddy bought it for another customer a couple years ago then the customer backed out on it, my buddy shot it in a couple matches before he got out of shooting matches and it's been sitting in his show case ever since ... after looking at prices on it for a couple weeks I went back with $800 in hand and a Ruger LCP I didn't like and walked out with this ...

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
So what are you gonna buy now so you don't have to worry about the CZ 75 getting stolen?

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RaiseHal:
So what are you gonna buy now so you don't have to worry about the CZ 75 getting stolen?

I may throw the 320 compact .357 sig in the truck. I think sometime soon the 75 is taking a trip to Cajun country for a trigger tune up and a few other items. LOL.

Shot the S2 a few days ago. LOVED it. Reminds me a lot of my SIG X5 Comp. Easy to shoot well and very forgiving. Plus everything simply "works" for me. I grip it, put it up and the sights are RIGHT THERE. Like it was designed for me

Next on the CZ shortlist...maybe one of the compacts?

posted Hide Post
quote:

Jeepers, these pistoles are indeed addictive. It's probably *almost* a good thing that they're unicorn-like around here. (doesn't mean won't keep eyes open!)

Wicked Trigger in Waterford and Williams Gun Sight both carry them. Wicked Trigger is a stocking dealer too. FYI

Posts: 90 | Location: The Mitten | Registered: September 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had the Kadet kit for a few weeks but no gun to put it on. Finally got an email from Buds saying the 9mm 75 single action was in stock. Should be available for pickup at the pawn shop on Tuesday.

What are the best wood grips for the 75? Are there any that are more thin than the stock grips?

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I will send one of mine to Cajun some day. Their menu is pretty nice. Of other things, I want a different trigger that doesn't rub my trigger finger wrong. They also sell a closely fitting barrel bushing that apparently reduces barrel clearance in the slide at the muzzle, claiming a reduction in group size. And of course all the other goodies, like action tuning, etc.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

I had a 75D Compact/PCR and was tickled pink with it. An unfortunate circumstance forced me to sell it. I replaced it with a P-07. I was saving for a P-01, but got distracted by a shiny object. I still want to get one, or another PCR.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
HA !

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Meanwhile....the search continues for a Shadow 2.

FN in MT

Search? There are plenty of them around.

NOT in Montana. None in the Sportsmans Warehouse pipeline, None at Impact Guns, KT Gun Co, Damascus Guns, Jerry's Sport Center, etc, etc.

Where should I check? Any assistance appreciated.

I suggest asking Damascus Guns to notify you when available and be ready to move quickly, when notified, as they go fast. Good luck.

davemercer

Posts: 936 | Location: NE USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Hundred times worse when you swivel for the significant other's (often younger) sister.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dakor,

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GoldieMI:
quote:

Wicked Trigger in Waterford and Williams Gun Sight both carry them. Wicked Trigger is a stocking dealer too. FYI

Not helping! Lalalalalalalala ! Wink

Seriously, thanks. Didn't know about Wicked Trigger. Prolly good that it's a haul to get there, but that being said, there's a birthday this month. Drat ! ! ! Razz

Mebbe Christmas, again as timing for another, so I can say Santa brought it Big Grin

posted Hide Post
We've had one picture, what's the groupthink on the RAMI sub compact?

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
I do believe that JoeSig has one, now. Hopefully, he'll spot this and chime in.

IIRC, he and his new SIL went to Top Gun, fairly recently.