SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 75. Why did I wait so long?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75. Why did I wait so long? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had Cajun do a pro package, new sights, crown(I know), bushing, alum grips, on my 75. Had them make sure that it would work with my Kadet Kit, believe that required a heavier mainspring than if not using the Kadet. The end result is a very nice gun that is more fun to shoot. I never enjoyed the stock trigger shape or slap that mine had. Cajun has a well deserved reputation, and I would use again without hesitation.

Posts: 25 | Registered: July 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I have the P07 “Tactical” in the Urban gray with a threaded barrel and I’m not gonna change a thing. Low cost, easy to shoot, accurate as heck, and it ain’t bad on the eyes! I’m more impressed than I originally was!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
You guys are really tempting me to pick up a pro kit for my 75 BD.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Snagged a like new in box CZ 75 D PCR. I'll post some pics when it arrives and I can get a Range day. Too snowy now...hopefully we warm up next week.

The alloy framed, smaller model appealed to me as a carry piece. Twenty seven ounces empty, so still reasonably light, Fourteen rd mags, so good capacity.

I think now I may be done for awhile. Have the Shadow 2, my 75B, the PO1 and now the compact. So I'm pretty much satisfied CZ wise.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I may have to get a P07 to go along with my P09 after looking at these two.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bandg:
I had Cajun do a pro package, new sights, crown(I know), bushing, alum grips, on my 75. Had them make sure that it would work with my Kadet Kit, believe that required a heavier mainspring than if not using the Kadet. The end result is a very nice gun that is more fun to shoot. I never enjoyed the stock trigger shape or slap that mine had. Cajun has a well deserved reputation, and I would use again without hesitation.

I just got my notification from Cajun to send in a gun. I was going to send the PO1, but I barely have 300 rds through it. And the trigger isn't too bad. May wear in and improve?

I think I'll send in the 75 B as I have shot it enough that I thinks its about as good as it will get. Probably go for a pro package and a bushing install. Just need to figure out which hammer style.

When it rains it pours. Cajun e mails me today, bought the 75 D PCR yesterday! LOL.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They will call when it is on the bench and finalize order with your input. Had mine at the range Sat. Close to a 1911 trigger, imho. Makes me look accurate, and I am mediocre. I am spoiled now. I will say that the barrel fitment is tight and even a little tricky to remove for cleaning. Took me some patience upon cleaning the first few times. However, accuracy is definitely enhanced. Shot my 238, 938, and CZ. All 3 great and accurate guns. Best to you and your project.

Posts: 25 | Registered: July 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I just finished shooting my P-01 after having the trigger replaced with the 85 C "old style" trigger. 100% reliable. But after 25 years of striker fired pistols I find I still shoot my G19 like butter.

My P-01 will be a great nightstand gun, but I need a lot more practice to get ready for it. The gun is incredibly ergonomic.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Since my initial post regarding my recently purchased CZ 75, I have also picked up an SP01 and a Shadow 2. Loving all three of them.

I'm in line over at Cajun Gun works, should be getting a notification within a few weeks to send them one of them. My new issue...WHICH one to send out for a make over?

The Shadow 2!!!!!!111!!

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Well, I shot the new Rami this AM finally. I probably put 100rds through it without a hick up. It’s a tiny gun, much slimmer to me than a P224 but close otherwise. There’s still enough mass there to keep recoil down. It was very accurate, I couldn’t shoot it quite as well as the P01 that CGW also built for me..but it’s a lot smaller. I suspect with some more practice I’ll do better.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Baron Flynt:
The CZ75 was on my short list when buying my first gun. Ended up getting a P6 trade in from Bud's instead. I did finally get the CZ though. Came in yesterday and I got the Kadet kit for it too. Can't wait to shoot it. Big Grin

Baron Flynt--I've shot a Kadet in bullseye matches for years. You won't be disappointed. Don't go lower than a 17 lb hammer spring in your 75 frame, clean the breech face, chamber, and firing pin channel every 500 rounds or so, use light oil on the slide rails, and shoot it.

I'm getting close to 50k rounds through mine.

Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
quote:
Since my initial post regarding my recently purchased CZ 75, I have also picked up an SP01 and a Shadow 2. Loving all three of them.

I'm in line over at Cajun Gun works, should be getting a notification within a few weeks to send them one of them. My new issue...WHICH one to send out for a make over?

The Shadow 2!!!!!!111!!

The S2 is pretty darned SWEET as it is. I think with some more break in, it will get nothing but better. Plus for the price paid...I hate to throw another $400+ into it.

Have a SIG 220 in 10mm that needs a trip to Robert Burke, that takes priority right now.

I think I'm going to send the 75B as I like it a lot. It's been shot enough to be broken in, and I like it for steel Challenge. It could use a better trigger. I already added better sights.

I'll break in the other two while it's gone, then send off another at some point. No the Shadow 2 is not in need of much. It's awfully nice out of the box.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
I agree--CZ's are very nice.
I have a CZ dealer close by--great selection and custom shop pistols.
https://czcustom.com/new-firea...pistols-custom.html/
Rifles are also nice but $$. CZ455 Tacticool
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-4...lack-laminate-stock/

WHOA!!... So, after a brief view here, I was immediately drawn to the following...
CZC ACCU Shadow BLK
CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange
CZ 75 TS Czechmate 9mm (without optic)
CZ 75 CTS LS-P SA/DA 9mm Black
CZ PCR PRO-TEK 1 Black

Beautiful pistols!

P229 AE 41XXX

Posts: 294 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
https://czcustom.com/new-firea...75-czc-custom-4.html

Ahhh, 357 Sig shows up.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I received a back in stock notification email this morning from Grab A Gun. The grey Shadow 2 was back in stock. When i clicked on the link, they had one left. Shortly there after they had none left!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I received a back in stock notification email this morning from Grab A Gun. The grey Shadow 2 was back in stock. When i clicked on the link, they had one left. Shortly there after they had none left!

Congrat's!! Prepare to be dazzled.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:

Congrat's!! Prepare to be dazzled.

I have a black one, I never thought I'd see a grey one. May have to sell the black one. I don't k ow if I can justify having 2!

Beth Greene

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
There's also a nitrided version which is the best finish available.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
There's also a nitrided version which is the best finish available.

I've been told (via other forums) that all the Shadow 2's are nitrided. The frames are investment cast and sometimes have some small imperfections (I can testify to this from checkering their frames). The ones without any imperfections are sold as nitrided only (blue grips) and the other have the polycoat applied (currently black or urban grey). Therefore, all the Shadow 2 are nitride just some have additional coating.

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
My 75 compact came in today. VERY nice. Used gun, stock, no changes. And a nice Garrett IWB, lined kydex holster.

Needs different sights though. Probably a FO front and something easier to see for a rear.

Good trigger on this guy too. Photos when I can do a better Range day. today the wind was 20 mph, barely able to keep a target up.

FN in MT