SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone carrying a Glock 30S?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone carrying a Glock 30S? Login/Join 
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted
Anyone carrying a Glock 30S? I'm pondering one of these.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did for a while. I found it was a little strange that Glock holsters often fit a variety of Glocks with a single design, but the G30s had to have a holster strictly for it. Other than that, it performed like a Glock. Great!
I replaced it with a .45 P250C which I felt was a little safer to admin handle, at least for me anyway.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I’ve got one and carry it occasionally. 11 rounds of 45acp in a glock 19 size package. Recoil is snappy. Mine has been reliable with everything except Critical Duty. It fits many of my Leather G19 holsters.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been carrying mine in a Garrett holster for sometime now. Trying a 320 45acp to replace it but the Glock is still the winner.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Gen 4 30 over the 30s. The Gen4 30 has less recoil and is deadly accurate. Its one of my favorite Glocks

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
I have one and have carried it...it IS a bit snappier to shoot than a G30 Gen4 I had prior (Duh, it has a thinner and lighter slide) but it IS easier to carry (that thinner and lighter slide Wink )...

I carry mine (when I do carry it) with Speer Gold Dots in 230GR in standard velocity...I also prefer (for carry) the 9 round flat bottom'd magazine.

Good luck with your choice,

(mine has been mostly replaced by a G43 but I'm retired now...)

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one and carry in a Remora IWB. Felt recoil is substantially reduced after I dremeled the grip placed a BarSto barrel and changed trigger and all the insides using Zev products. Accurate, comfortable to conceal and has more capacity than the Shield 45 or the p245.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also prefer (for carry) the 9 round flat bottom'd magazine.

^^ Totally changes the way it carries ^^
I like the 10 round magazines, but the 9 round gives it a totally different feel, as long as your hands aren't too large to effectively grip with one.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I love mine. I use the extended mag which gives me a slightly better grip. I think it's a soft shooting .45 and probably the best carry .45 out there. It's very accurate, controllable, reliable and easy to carry and conceal.

I doubt you will regret picking one up.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
Any problems fitting one in a leather holster for a G19, like say a Sparks VM2?

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevH:
Any problems fitting one in a leather holster for a G19, like say a Sparks VM2?

I don’t have a Sparks holster, but I do have a custom-made IWB leather one originally designed for a G23/G19. It fits in the holster quite well, but the holster is a bit tight when trying to draw the G30S; or I need to not tighten my belt so much.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the 30S!

As far as Milt Sparks holsters go, my Summer Special for a Glock 19 will accommodate the 30S; it's a little tight but not too bad. My 55BN for a Glock 19 will NOT take the 30S.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post