SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig sent me an email announcing the new M18
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig sent me an email announcing the new M18 Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
If it was the same gun the military used, I might be interested, but it's not, so it's just a 320.

The M18 is the General Officer's handgun, isn't it?

That’s not the M18. Just like the “M17” isn’t really an M17. Ever wonder why the military M17s didn’t have the trigger drop issue but the 320’s did? They have different internals and specs. The guns Sig is selling as the M18 and M17 are not the true guns. They are simply painted a color and cnc’d on the slide.

Sig acknowledged they were not the same when the “M17” was released, but folks still gobbled them up.

The Navy 226 (the original limited run) were the exact same gun and that’s what made them cool.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I’ll get excited when it comes with a rainbow finish slide for the navy version

Big Grin

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rainbow over coyote? Too cool.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
"Coming to a theater near you, it's RAINBOW COYOTE, the new epic from John Waters!!!" Razz

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I'm holding out for the kryptek version.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm, maybe if they offered it in black with a SIG PRO/RX slide, I might be interested. I'm not a fan of Baby Barf Brown.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
If it was the same gun the military used, I might be interested, but it's not, so it's just a 320.

The M18 is the General Officer's handgun, isn't it?

That’s not the M18. Just like the “M17” isn’t really an M17. Ever wonder why the military M17s didn’t have the trigger drop issue but the 320’s did? They have different internals and specs. The guns Sig is selling as the M18 and M17 are not the true guns. They are simply painted a color and cnc’d on the slide.

Sig acknowledged they were not the same when the “M17” was released, but folks still gobbled them up.

The Navy 226 (the original limited run) were the exact same gun and that’s what made them cool.
I just got a m-18.I am a Marine and purchased it only for it's USMC connection as I collect such things.The p320 was never on my radar before does it have a manual safety?

Posts: 5 | Registered: December 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DBCDave:
The p320 was never on my radar before does it have a manual safety?
It's optional.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'd like to say if that there never were any more butterscotch-colored guns produced, that would be just dandy with me. Just freakin' dandy.

MMMMMMMM butterscotch

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My m-18 seems light years ahead of my Glocks, especially in fit and finish.

Posts: 5 | Registered: December 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
It looks just like an ugly 320 with a thumb safety. Nothing fancy.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I have a pair in black, both with the Compact-Small (15rd) grip modules, and I'm very fond of them.

Now if Wilson would just release the compact grip modules in black with the thumb safety cut...

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
I have a pair in black, both with the Compact-Small (15rd) grip modules, and I'm very fond of them.

Now if Wilson would just release the compact grip modules in black with the thumb safety cut...

I have a Wilson Compact 15 Round Grip Module in black with safety cut. They are available now:

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:

I have a Wilson Compact 15 Round Grip Module in black with safety cut. They are available now:

Well, shit, that was an expensive off the cuff remark...

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post