SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig sent me an email announcing the new M18
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig sent me an email announcing the new M18 Login/Join 
posted
I just received an email from Sig announcing the release of their P320-M18 pistol.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...il&utm_source=Eloqua

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
So how many different variations of the same boring pistol does Sig think they need to make?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
So how many different variations of the same boring pistol does Sig think they need to make?

But but, it's what the military uses. Got to count that uber cool factor. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Wink

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

But but, it's what the military uses. Got to count that uber cool factor. Big Grin

People getting all hot and bothered by what is essentially a P320 Carry in baby-puke brown with a lever you have to turn off to let it go bang, for more money than (IMO) a better looking black one...pure marketing genius I tell ya!

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I looked kind of small to me in the picture on the email... and then I saw it was the carry model and I'm trying to figure out why the Marine Corps would want a smaller pistol.... who would have thunk it.
I like the baby puke brown though.... I have a P226 in it .... but it looks a lot better because you can change out the grips....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
If it was the same gun the military used, I might be interested, but it's not, so it's just a 320.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
If it was the same gun the military used, I might be interested, but it's not, so it's just a 320.

The M18 is the General Officer's handgun, isn't it?

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Supposedly adopted by the US Air Force.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I believe the military is also adopting for applications where the p228 was previously used, so like CID and such

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Supposedly adopted by the US Air Force.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Also adopted by the USMC instead of the M17.

http://www.militarytimes.com/o...8-sig-sauer-handgun/

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, it's a military gun. There you go, Mr. Dunbar.

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:

Is it? Sig came out with both the P320-M17 and the M17 commemorative, with the P320-M17 having some differences from the M17 commemorative and the actual M17 used by the military. This new gun is advertised as the P320-M18, not M18 commemorative, so is it the same as the military gun, or just a look-alike copy with some differences?

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:

Is it? Sig came out with both the P320-M17 and the M17 commemorative, with the P320-M17 having some differences from the M17 commemorative and the actual M17 used by the military. This new gun is advertised as the P320-M18, not M18 commemorative, so is it the same as the military gun, or just a look-alike copy with some differences?

What's so special about the one issued to the military as compared to this one?

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m going to get one. I like my M17 a lot.

Tough crowd though.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nah, I'm just messing with y'all. Of course, buy, or not buy, whatever we like, or don't like.

Q

Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Only worth it if they also come out with a commemorative version like they did with the M17

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's so special about the one issued to the military as compared to this one?

My question as well. It's just a P320, which has been available for years. Nothing wrong with a P320...I love mine...but I don't get the hype over what's basically just a nomenclature change. Unless you've absolutely got to have that baby-puke colored grip module, that is Big Grin.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll get excited when it comes with a rainbow finish slide for the navy version

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd like to say if that there never were any more butterscotch-colored guns produced, that would be just dandy with me. Just freakin' dandy.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post