SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Road trip through unfriendly gun states. What can I travel with for self defense??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Road trip through unfriendly gun states. What can I travel with for self defense?? Login/Join 
Picture of hctr154
posted Hide Post
D cell Maglight?

Posts: 334 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: February 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Bring plenty of bail money.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
the Ohio Attorney general is a douchenozzle, but the concealed carry rules are posted, and clear on the website. Your state may well have a reciprocity agreement with ohio. If not, you cannot carry anything loaded in the car or trunk.
A shockwave does not help you skirt any Ohio Laws.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, NY & MA want you 100% defenseless. Even mace is illegal in NY. Expect no quarter from NY State Police. County Sheriffs may grant you some slack. Local LEO will ring you up lightening fast, if they catch you. In general, Upstate NY is reasonably gun friendly. Chances are nobody will SWAT you. I carried every day for 5 years without issue. YMMV.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
In NY outside of NYC pepper spray is fine. Handguns are a no go without a NYS license. Long guns are fine except for evil mags over ten rounds and evil features like collapsible/ folding stocks, flash suppressors, pistol grips, and bayonet lugs, ohhh the bayonet lugs. This applies to semi autos. They don't care about features on pumps and bolt actions. So, like several have suggested, a shockwave would be nice.

*** Correction: You can travel through NYS with a handgun as long as it is legal for you to posses where you start your trip and your destination. It must be locked in a non transparent box and away from the passenger compartment. It must be a continuous trip through, meaning no staying overnight and only stopping for gas, food, and bathroom breaks.

We all know this is far from acceptable, but is better than what was initially posted. In NY it may be best to have a Shockwave in the passenger compartment and a pistol in he trunk to carry when you leave NYS.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RR,

Posts: 442 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post