SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Engraved P226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Engraved P226 Login/Join 
Picture of jimdick
posted
I won a P226 in a raffle, and it has a kind of unique slide and engraving. The frame has a U 636-xxx serial number, which puts it in the 1999-2000 timeframe. The slide was blued then engraved with a fancy “vine & leaf” pattern. (Not really my style, but it’s a P226!)

I just wondered if anyone had run across something like that and knew any of the backstory.

Thanks!

S&W M&P 9C -- Ruger KP93
CZ SP-01 Tactical --KelTec P32
Beretta PX 4 Storm 9mm -- Beretta 92G Vertec -- Beretta M9 -- Beretta 92 Billennium
Colt M-1911 (NOT an A1!) -- RIA 1911 Full Size .45 ACP
Sig P226, M400 TREAD

Posts: 455 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
I see them come up from time to time. Just so happens one surfaced on GI today...

https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=101603931

I have considered getting one but for 12-15 C notes, I always end up getting something else.

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jimdick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NMDave:
I see them come up from time to time. Just so happens one surfaced on GI today...

I have considered getting one but for 12-15 C notes, I always end up getting something else.

That’s the exact same engraving, but my frame isn’t black anodized...just dark gray.

Does anybody know the background or who did them?

After seeing that listing, I feel pretty good about my $50 raffle ticket!! Smile

S&W M&P 9C -- Ruger KP93
Beretta PX 4 Storm 9mm -- Beretta 92G Vertec -- Beretta M9 -- Beretta 92 Billennium
Sig P226, M400 TREAD

Posts: 455 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
After seeing that listing, I feel pretty good about my $50 raffle ticket!! Smile[/QUOTE]

Yes Sir... you done good Cool

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Weird that it would have a 1999/2000 frame and a slide with long extractor that came much later.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Like this? https://osagecountyguns.com/si...26-9mm-engraved.html This Engraved model was offered from the factory by Sig in 2013. SKU # E26-9-BSS-ESM

(But I'm not sure why yours would have a 1999-dated frame, if it's part of the same run. Maybe a "factory parts bin Frankenstein"?)

There was also a railed stainless model with slide engraving offered at the same time. SKU # E26R-9-SSS-ESM https://osagecountyguns.com/si...raved-stainless.html

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jimdick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Like this? https://osagecountyguns.com/si...26-9mm-engraved.html This Engraved model was offered from the factory by Sig in 2013. SKU # E26-9-BSS-ESM

(But I'm not sure why yours would have a 1999-dated frame, if it's part of the same run. Maybe a "factory parts bin Frankenstein"?)

There was also a railed stainless model with slide engraving offered at the same time. SKU # E26R-9-SSS-ESM https://osagecountyguns.com/si...raved-stainless.html

I just discovered these 2013 guns. The engraving is identical...so I also came to the conclusion that someone took one of the slides and put it on an older frame.

I guess I won’t be selling it for big bucks (I won it with a $50 raffle ticket!)! Big Grin

S&W M&P 9C -- Ruger KP93
Sig P226, M400 TREAD

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It is still a very nice P226. The photos posted show both a short and long extractor. Which does your raffle gun gave? That was a worthy 50 dollars by golly.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jimdick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
It is still a very nice P226. The photos posted show both a short and long extractor. Which does your raffle gun gave? That was a worthy 50 dollars by golly.

My slide matches the darker version exactly...not sure which extractor that is.

I’m going to order a “standard” slide and see if anyone is interested in the engraved one.

S&W M&P 9C -- Ruger KP93
Sig P226, M400 TREAD

posted Hide Post
While I am not a fan for the scroll work on some guns, it looks nice. It looks much better than the diamond plate slide I had on a P229 years ago. Congrats, that sounds like a great pistol to have.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the stainless version, still NIB. With the stainless frame, noticeably heavier than my other 226s. But the trigger is smooth in DA, and crisp in SA- one of the better triggers out of the box I have encountered from Sig. Thought it would make an interesting BBQ gun.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 367 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post