SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Sig P365... wow
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Sig P365... wow Login/Join 
posted
I shot mine for the second time today, and I'll tell ya, I couldn't be more pleased.
I put about 80 rounds through it at an indoor range the other day and was zinging them right in there all the way out to 25 yards from standing.
Today I was able to shoot it from a good rest at 25 yards. A 5-shot group with 115 gr. Blazer came in at 2 5/8" and a couple of groups with Fiocchi 115 gr. JHP were 2 5/8" and 2 1/4". I cannot wait to try some really good stuff through it!
I also did some "Instinctive shooting" with the sights below eye level. The gun seems to point right where I'm looking with a grip angle that's "Just right". Needless to say, functioning was 100% with five different loads.
No - I don't work for Sig Sauer but I wanted to put my two cents in.
The ONLY negative points I can think of are that the bottom rear of the magazines are very pointed and cause a bit of discomfort while loading the mags and noticeable while shooting. Same goes for the front of the extended version floorplate. A few swipes with some fine emery cloth and all was good.
Kudos to Sig Sauer on this one!

Posts: 362 | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Yup!

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad yours is functioning well. I just bought a December 18 made 365. Took 550 rounds to the range to test it out. Sadly, only fired 60 rounds, with a lot of fail to return to battery. Started out just one round per mag, but the last 17 rounds were non-stop fail return to battery. Got tired of pushing slide forward.

Cleaned it, found nothing standing out as a problem. Thought it might be like a kahr pm9, needed ng a break in, so sat around for a while constantly manipulating the slide. Found it hangs up ever so slightly, if you hold the trigger back - which is actually how the pistol operates when your fire it. May take it to the range later this week, but have a feeling will most likely have to contact Sig...

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you lubricate it first?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the pistol was lubed.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgmr05:
Yes, the pistol was lubed.

What ammo? Did you try another?

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blazer brass, Winchester white box nato, hornady critical duty, and some federal hst+p. None worked at the end.

Will try again later this week.

Picture of lslick23
posted Hide Post
Bought mine 2 weeks ago and also impressed! Started with Freedom 147gr and then 115 and no hiccups. Shot again WWB 115 and Speer gold dots 115. 500 rounds and perfect.

Posts: 92 | Location: South Florida | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I got to run a few mags through one last weekend.
I have to say, pretty impressive little pistol. It handled the recoil extremely well for a pistol of it's size.
If I didn't already have a Shied, I'd snag one for sure.

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
My first one has over 1,000 rounds through it... nary so much as a burp... worked first time and every time right out of the box.

Sorry you are having problems... but you can be sure SIG will fix it for you.

V/r

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1348 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took it out again today. Went through 375 or so rounds of blazer brass, 75 wwb nato, 70 rounds of critical duty+p, 50 hst+p, and 50 fed 9bple +p+. Not one hiccup. No return to battery issues. It definitely has the primer swipe, but not always scary looking. Some are less pronounced than others.

Apparently, just needed breaking in. I did find an interesting mark inside the slide, machining mark, most likely, that could have been part of the issue. The finish is worn off that minor spot, but cannot find where/what it was hanging up on. I completely disassembled the pistol after last weeks fiasco, cleaned it, lubed it, and probably worked the slide with trigger pulled over 1k times over the past days.

The followers in the two mags I used today are somewhat marred/marked up now. Forgot to bring more...

I am now pleased, and am glad it appears sig has worked most of the bugs out. I thought I might call them on the slide issue, but may not, as the slide is stainless anyway. After today, I may actually get another 365.

For being such a small pistol, it actually shoots quite well. Recoils like a shield, which is much better than the snap of the lc9, and I tend to shoot it better than a glock. While Glocks just plain work, I have never really enjoyed shooting them, as they simply just never felt great. If I had brought more ammo, I would have kept shooting the 365. It just feels good in the hand and while shooting. It does not wear you down as some of the other smaller 9s do. The Sig p365 is poised to take quite a chunk out of the compact/mini market.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Took it out again today. Went through 375 or so rounds of blazer brass, 75 wwb nato, 70 rounds of critical duty+p, 50 hst+p, and 50 fed 9bple +p+. Not one hiccup. No return to battery issues. It definitely has the primer swipe, but not always scary looking. Some are less pronounced than others.
Are you cleaning at any point while going through that number of rounds? I also noticed that you went through 550 rounds during your first range session...did you clean or re-lube during that session?

Having a home range here on our farm, I rarely shoot that much...more like a 50 round box without some sort of cleaning/lubricating, and it's a regimen for my duty/carry pieces as well. If they get shot at all, I clean and re-lube. I wonder if some of the FTE & FTRB's (failure to return to battery) malfunctions are due to the large number of rounds fired. For me, my P365, P225A1, P290 & M11A1 are carry guns, kept clean & lubed for reliable SD use. It's a carry over from my military service back when the M16 was having issues in Vietnam.

At a round count of 120 on my P365, I've found the striker drag more evident on American Eagle 124 FMJ's, Blazer brass 115 FMJ's, & Winchester 115 gr Nato's, but less on some of my reloaded ammunition. I haven't shot it with any other factory ammunition. The drag mark is deeper than any other I've encountered in 9mm. Just hope that Sig's fix for the breakage is sufficient(stronger material/redesign in the striker).

I like the 365 a lot, & have been carrying it a week or so. It's got a great feel in the hand (I wear "L" size gloves), has great sights...especially the green dot daytime front, but has a semi-creepy trigger at present. I'm hoping this last will smooth out with some use.

Accuracy, especially with the Blazer 115's was right at an inch for 10 shots, slow fire, at 10 yds out of a Weaver Stance...superb in other words. That's as good as I can do with my 1911's and their far better triggers. My handloads with Missouri Bullet Co.'s 124 gr LSWC are 1.5" at the same distance with Federal's American Eagle coming in at 1.5" as well. All from a standing Weaver position without rest. The gun will shoot, that's for sure.

I got my 365 locally here in Louisville for $484 + tax...when Cabelas had them for $530, and Academy wanted $500. I'm just getting started breaking it in here on the farm with daily carry, and sure hope Sig's got a solid fix in for the initial teething problems.

Best Regards Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 726 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During the 600+ rounds at the range, I did not clean or lube it.

I only made it through 60 on the first outing, due to issues with the pistol not teturning to battery.

Primer swipe is real, though on some of the milder rounds, it is not as noticeable.

The mag followers take a beating, and show it. There appears to be aftermarket followers available, if needed.