SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Case Hardened Desert Eagle .44 Magnum
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case Hardened Desert Eagle .44 Magnum Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Agent Smith would approve Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Engraving is
scratching
on purpose
Picture of mm6mm6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Man, I wish I could do that to the slide of a Sig.

Shipping just a slide (since it's not a frame and therefore a pistol) to Bobby Tyler for color case hardening would be inexpensive to ship and you'd be surprised as to what a good deal it would be for the finishing.

www.tylergunworks.com

Posts: 985 | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
that is rather nice

Great leather rig too

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Is that traditional case hardening in boiling cyanide or a different technique? I had the frame of my Beretta 92 Centennial case hardened and have several shotguns and they look quite different.

Looks awesome though! Jelly...

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is classy looking. IS the case hardening/finish easier or harder to clean?

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mm6mm6:
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
Gorgeous gun but I have a question. Is case hardening purely cosmetic or does it add strength to the gun also.

So, my understanding is that case hardening was used over 100 years ago (and longer) to actually harden the steel surface of firearms. It was a protective finish.

Today's steels don't need it. Tyler Gun Works utilizes a process similar to the old way of doing it, so here is the quote from Tyler's web page:

"We strive to provide a Color Case finish with a superior level of elegance for the true firearm connoisseur. Color Case is a process can add the look of elegance when done by a professional.

Here at Tyler Gun Works, we are able to Color Case items that others cannot, due to our ability to work at lower temperatures. We keep our temperatures in the 1200 degree range. Most of the newer receivers made today are made of pre-heat treated steel. Working at low temps gives us the ability to bring you the colors you deserve, without double heat treating your steel. Even at these lower temps we still take all precautions and solid block each receiver to prevent against warping."

Good information thanks for sharing

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am not a “Deagle” fan. I don’t like how they feel, how they shoot or how they look.

All that being said.......and it kills me to say this....but that case hardened gun looks AWESOME. Almost like the Desert Eagle was made for it. I love it.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Man, I wish I could do that to the slide of a Sig.

Tyler can do stainless as well.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post