SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Limited Edition American Eagle "US M11" P228
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limited Edition American Eagle "US M11" P228 Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
** This is not mine. **

New member Fire Dude asked me to post pics of this P228 of his that he acquired recently from an estate sale, to see if anyone knows anything about this gun. According to Fire Dude, SIG CS couldn't help. This is an older gun, from 1997 production, according to owner. I told him that I don't know the origin of this particular engraved SIG, but based on the presentation case with the American Historical Foundation plaque on it, I thought that it is likely an aftermarket customization job, and not SIG factory original. The American Historical Foundation is known to do a lot of these types of commemorative engraved guns. Either way, looks like a nice job, imo.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yeah....American Historical Foundation did a lot of similar guns. The Cabelas by me has a Thompson, M1 Carbine and a few others all by them. Similar style.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Must be more than one or, its part of a series of arms, maybe even all Sigs ? The oak leaf pattern is very pretty. Need that on your mantle 12131.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The engraving is beautiful.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Awesome Karma! I'm in...

Thats a sweet looking P228 for sure. Anyone here would be proud to have it on display.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When should we expect Fire Dude to file his range report?
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Give me a case of ammo and 30 mins with her. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, with the American Gov't seal no less. NO. 3, wonder where the rest of them went to?

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pimp-licious!

Posts: 1092 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I know a guy who has a Colt 1911 done by this company. Only a few hundred in that run.

Their website has some models with runs from a hundred to a couple thousand.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Great looking gun. Thanks for posting the pics.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Awesome piece Fire Dude! Welcome to the forum.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post