SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A couple of .38 Supers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A couple of .38 Supers Login/Join 
posted

Here's my Dan Wesson 1911 and P220. I am very proud of these two.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice.

I have been shooting .45 acp since I was 15. A couple of years ago I bought a .38 Super. I now have two and am looking at a third .38 Super.

As hard as it is to believe, I may be moving more heavily, towards the .38 Super.

I just shoot it better, at least in the P-220 platform.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I just let out a Aww Mannnnn! The P220 just speaks for itself.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my P220s in .45. Are they convertible to 38super?

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fquico:
I love my P220s in .45. Are they convertible to 38super?

Yes, it can be done. Other than having a lot of custom work done.
The biggest obstacle would be the outside diameter of the barrel, followed by breech width, and extractor reach.
The easiest (and somewhat unlikely) way would be to find a .38 Super upper and magazine.
Shopping around for a P220 already in .38 would be your best bet.

Here are a few of mine.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Blue Dog, those are certainly a couple of top quality Supers to have.

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice combo 1911 & P220. The P220 in 38 Super is just a sweet shooting pistol.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
My .38 Super...

627-4PC

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1449 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pizza Bob:
My .38 Super...

Now thats a Smith! 8 rounds of happiness. Big Grin

Are the brakes interchangeable? (I gotta stop looking at these kind of things)

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

It comes with both a false muzzle and a comp (port on top). For competition in USPSA Revolver Division comps are not allowed, so mine has the false muzzle in place.

Go ahead and look - you'll be lucky to find one. It's my understanding that only about 600 of these were made, in two 300 gun production runs. I found this one here on the Sig Forum. There was also a run or two of 686's in .38 Super - very rare also.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1449 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pizza Bob:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

It comes with both a false muzzle and a comp (port on top). For competition in USPSA Revolver Division comps are not allowed, so mine has the false muzzle in place.

Go ahead and look - you'll be lucky to find one. It's my understanding that only about 600 of these were made, in two 300 gun production runs. I found this one here on the Sig Forum. There was also a run or two of 686's in .38 Super - very rare also.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

That's nice Pizza Bob.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
The super is likely my favorite handgun chambering.

It is a handloaders's delight.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post